chapter 1

____________________________________
Define Me- Jhené Aiko
_________________________________

Ollade, 18 ABY

"Sembrey what are you looking at?"

That was a very good question. What was I looking at? well lets see. I was looking at the people, talking, elaborating, expressing. It wasn't not noticeable to look at them. With their diverse clothing. One man was wearing the most obvious sea blue from head to toe. He was talking to this other man that was wearing a deep rose red suit. Everyone's expression looked so happy and humble. Nothing like my readings say about other people from other planets.

"You need to come sit down. Finish your work." my tutor, Carina said sincerely pointing to my desk.

"I already read all this on my own time. Can I please go hang out with my friends?" I begged. It's true. I did read the stories, the myths, the legends. And every time I do, I am in awe. I want to become those legends, especially Ashoka Tano. Her stories are in-scripted in our books, there was even a drawing of her in one of the books. She was so pretty. I aspire to be like her, however, I am not with the force. No one is in Ollade.

"I'm getting impatient Sembrey." She said, "This isn't just work. You have to rehearse and memorize our founding speech in three hours."

This is irritating, it's not like my people don't know it.

"Carina why am I the one to do it? can't my mother say the speech?" I whined. I don't usually complain but I truly did not want to do it, in front of everyone.

"Because she will be sitting on her throne proud of her daughter about knowing our people's origins. Everyone will be so impressed Sembrey, for a thirteen year old princess."

I never liked that word, especially at the end of everyone's sentence when they talk to me. I just want to be a seven year old period. Yes, I am grateful for the privileges that I was born with, not many kids like me can say that on other planets. I've heard stories of child slavery and I only wish of hope for all of them. But I want to live like a thirteen year old. I want to play with my friends, not like I have much. I'm cooped up in this castle.

"Fine, I really think I'm ready though, but i'll do it one more time for you." I said wittingly while going up to the front of the room.

"Ah my heart!" She said touching her heart. Carina was young, pretty, and educated. she's the teacher for all of the royal and court children. She really cares about our education.

"Alright." I said. I took a breathe, a good one. Because it's going to be a mouth full.

"Ollade. our planet, our security, our home. Our founders, Minho Palgine, Kinney Lorac, and Secan Tinda came to this planet wounded, from war. Fortunately our planet's natural resources aided them and gave them strength, determinations, and hope. They then declared this planet theirs, as Ollade was a planet far from others, far from war. However, they did not want to be greedy, so they gave coordinates to trusting alliances to help build other planets for people who wants nothing but peace. Today, marks fifty years of peace."

"hold for applause" Carina commented. This is nonsense. I held for nonexistent applause and continued.

"Not only our planet is striving, but because of our growth of medical and natural resources, our alliance with few planets has been striving and shown a decrease of death rates."

"Hold for-"

"I know I know!" I said, she laughed. I'm about to leave this room.

"All we can do to continue our founding father's wishes, is to take care of our planet and the people in it. Continue our everyday humbleness and determination, and turn all that into drive for peace. And hopefully we can teach the galaxy our ways, our ways of peace."