Chapter 22

____________________________________
Old money- Lana del Rey
_________________________________

"Stop you're gonna get me all wet!!" I screamed as hard as could. With the unbalance and fear, I was about to fall off of Rowan's shoulders and into the ocean.

"Stop?! You mean stop carrying you? Alight!" Rowan jokingly questioning me.

"Don't you dare-"

And all of a sudden I was in the water. I could feel the salt water on my skin, my hair soaking wet. I got up in shock. Rowan was laughing in response.

"What so funny?" I asked pretending to be mad. I brush over my hair that was sticking to my face.

"You! You look like a soggy-"

And just like that, I jumped all my weight onto him. Successfully, I took him by surprised and he lost his balance and we both went into the water. I landed on him, his arms were gripping my waist.

We were both trying to reposition ourselves form what happened, we were on the shore wet. Rowan was laughing as he brushed his hair back.

"Well looks like we're both wet." He said continuing to wipe the water off his face. I started to laugh with him, as I laughed, I noticed that Rowan's hands were still closing me into him. I started to get butterflies in my stomach, I felt my cheeks warm up even though the water was so cold.

I stared into Rowan's eyes as we were both still laying in the sand with the water surrounding us. Rowan then gazed into my eyes. He took a quick glance at my lips and looked back at me with a smile.

It must've felt weird to others that we were in the water just starring at each other, but to me, it felt like time was frozen with just Rowan and I.

I felt Rowan's hand on my back slightly push me closer to him. I laid my hand gently onto his chest, his lean chest was soft, yet hard.

Is this going to happen?

Were we going to kiss?

I felt by body come into his. His eyes were now fixated on my lips, this was going to happen.

I mean...I want it to happen...Right?

As we went in, I felt my body light up. I was so close...

"HEY LOVE BIRDS! MARS BROUGHT THE FOOD."

Those emotions that I felt a second ago?

Dead.

I know that was Pim, I turned my head to confirm it was her.

It was her.

I looked back at Rowan, he was also looking at who it was that interrupted us.

"Well then." He said, "Time to eat I guess." I couldn't tell if he was serious or being sarcastic. I then felt Rowan getting up, I followed.

Good thing I'm hungry Pim...

It's been two weeks since Luke and Ben left. I get messages occasionally from Luke, nothing from Ben.