chapter 5

-Ben Solo-

"Sembrey you've been crying for like thirty minutes." I said concerned.

Wow, I didn't know a deadly crystal was so important to her. Even though she was asleep the whole time it was burning her, she was hurting. Her flesh was showing. What if that happened when she was awake? Good thing there was medicine on the ship, It healed her chest so quickly.

Now what am I suppose to tell her? I took it from her? After I told her I had no idea...shit.

But she was going to burn? Her smooth tan skin was burning? Did that happen a lot? Does she even know what happens? I bet she doesn't.

"I'm sorry...it's just." She said and wiped her tears away. "My mother gave it to me the night of the festival and before she left me in the closet she said to never lose it or give it to anyone. It must've fell when something hit me on the head or when I fainted.But that was the few things she said to me before she left. I'm so irresponsible." She said and started to cry again. How many tears can this girl cry?

What am I suppose to do now? She's was just crying and crying and crying.

"What if I ask my mother to contact one of the councilmen to find the necklace for you when the time is right to go back? When it's safe?" I said. That's the only thing I can come up with.

"You would do that?" She said and looked up at me. I then realized something about her eyes. Her eyes were not the same color; one eye blue, one eye brown.

Woah.

That's pretty cool. Her eyes were shining from her tears. She was...

Pretty.

"Ben?" She said while looking confused.

Oh god, I was starring.

"Sorry...umm yeah I can tell my mother. We're about to arrive to Chandrila."

I had to go, I had to get out of this awkward situation.

But her eyes. They were something...rare. I've seen many odd and unique features about humans and aliens. But not as unique as her. I don't completely know her, but her eyes give so much to me, and a sign.

I had to protect her.

I'm not giving her the necklace back. I can't let it hurt her. Not when her mother died and half her people. Hopefully she can understand.

"I have to go to my father." I said and started to stand up from my chair but felt myself being back in it. I looked down and saw her. Her hands were wrapped around my wrists.

She was strong, her grip was strong yet fragile and smooth. She looked at me with those eyes.

"Wait..." she said quickly.

"Stay with me?"

She said it to me as if I was the last person in the galaxy.

"Oh Okay." I replied and situated myself back down to the chair.

She smiled, her smile was warm. This was the first time I saw her smile since we met. Since she's been through and back.