CHAPTER 9

"What the fuck Lena, let me go!" I all, but scream as she pulls me towards the dress section of this big ass mall.

Apparently Lena felt it was a good idea to accept an invite from the elites at our school without wondering why we would get one!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're less than them in any way, truth is, I don't know what's so special about them but obviously, Lena thinks they are and feels the need to 'dress to impress' for this party. And to think she only got to lose the crutches just two days ago.

The last time I wore a dress was when I was 10 and that was because my brother pulled a twin favor for his friend to junior prom because, well, his best friend then had a 'little' crush on me, his words not mine. I'd definitely classify it as an obsession.

My parents had tried other times to get me in a dress but eventually gave up when they realized the only dresses I'll ever agree to wear are normal, short or simple dresses and never the extravagant gowns they expect me to.

God, I miss them so much! I suddenly feel so lonely, Lena tries to distract me some times but it's not the same. That's why this is too much for a bunch of spoilt brats who feel too good to just throw a normal party where everyone could attend without needing to send out special, private invites.

"Lena really think about it, why of all the students at Amadeus Consolidated would they choose us as this month's special invites. Don't you think it's a teeny bit weird? I mean we've only been there what what? Two weeks?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Well one, because we are ah-ma-zing and two, no? it's just a normal party, stop being so paranoid all the time." she says nonchalantly with a dismissing wave.

"Yes a normal party where only the elite and a few select people go to, where we have to dress formally, dress code and all, where we need a fucking invite to get in!" I say all in one breath because this just isn't making any sense to me and for God's sake, we're new. Fine ass asshole's words came to my mind, 'they passed'. Yes! I still didn't know his name, sue me! I am not the least bit interested.

What could that possibly mean and why did we get an invite to this party immediately after the incident at the cafeteria two weeks ago, they have to be connected somehow, I'm sure of it!

I know arguing with Lena would be pointless so I just decide to push all the bad thoughts behind me and at least try to enjoy this. It's not every day Lena offers to handle the bill; I have to make good use of this. Cue the evil smirk.

"Oh-Mah God! come look at this!" l shout as I find a dress that would go perfectly with her eyes. It is a deep shade of blue, side split, figure-hugging gown with a V neckline, and spaghetti straps. Lena has blue eyes but not the bright shades we see everywhere, it is actually two shades darker than the normal blue. She has a barely noticeable tan to her skin tone and dull blonde hair.

"You see, this is why I'd always drag you with me when I need an outfit that would make an impression." She says walking to one of the changing rooms.

"Yes babe, you'd probably be a hobo without me." I say and chuckle knowing she couldn't hear me.

"This is the one. Bitch you're the fucking best! I love it!" she gushes while checking out the gown on her body.

"Anytime babe, now can we go?"
What? A girl can hope.

"Definitely not before we find you a dress. Now sit your pretty ass on one of those chairs while I try to make you presentable." she chuckles.

Arghhh take me now Lord!!!

"Hmmm this one looks good, come on, try it." she inspects the cloth she is holding up. It is a bright yellow dress with a V neckline that could be considered deep but not enough to show my boobs, just a little cleavage.

I go into the changing room she just came out from to actually see how it looks on me. You know when a dress looks like the one but when you try it on, it actually is the one but not the one for you? Yeah, it happens to me a lot.

Okay, this actually looks okay but something is missing. Don't get me wrong, I like simple dresses and all but this was just plain and the shade of the dress clashes with my skin tone which is really tan.

"Not the one," I say walking out.

"Thought so, try this." she hands me the gown without looking away from the row of dresses in front of her
I just choose to suck it up and try it. This one is a purple sequin dress that compliments my skin tone but I feel it is clashing with my smoke-like blue-grey eyes.

"Still not the o-"

"This is it!" we both yell at the same time. I didn't even bother looking just take it from her and go to try it on.

Okkuurr! Now, this is more my style.
I'm currently wearing a raven black, round neck, lace meshed, figure-hugging gown with long sleeves and a scalloped hem. The best part? It wasn't long but formal enough for their 'dress code'.

Shoe shopping didn't take that long, I decide to go with a pair of gold gladiator heel boots and Lena goes with a pair of silver, ankle strap heels.
Lena pays for the items at the counter and we leave to go get ready for tonight. I have a bad feeling about this.

 I have a bad feeling about this

Lena's outfit but in blue

Gabi's outfit

**********

Dont forget to share, comment and vote vote vote✅✅

XOXO❤
Nita.