2.

Nova's POV:
We walked in, and we were all in awe. It's absolutely gorgeous. I looked up, and I noticed that there are candles floating below the ceiling. Speaking of the ceiling, it looks like the night sky. Dark blues and purples collided into black, and the stars twinkled.

"It's not really the sky. It's bewitched to look like the night sky. I've read about in Hogwarts: A History," Hermione explained.

Wow, I could tell that that would be annoying. We continued walking down the pathway. As we're walked, we were greeted by some of the other students. As we came to a stop, we see an old table and a ragged old hat.

Oh, you may not think me pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you have a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!

It's a singing hat! I've just arrived, and I'm already blown away by everything. This is far better from the private school I was supposed to go to this year. Heck, this is far better than the first 11 years of my life. Instead of being pushed to the side, there's a whole welcoming committee for all the first years.

Students are called up and sorted into houses, and now only five of us remain. With each announcement, the houses cheer for their new housemate.

"Hermione Granger?" the witch said. Hermione walks up and sits down. The hat is placed upon her head and yelled "GRYFFINDOR!"

"Draco Malfoy?" The platinum blonde walks up and sits. The hat is barely on his head and the hat yells "SLYTHERIN!" he smirked like he should've just sat down at the Slytherin table when he walked in.

"Ronald Weasley?" The redhead walks up. The hat is planted on his head and comes to the conclusion that he should be in Gryffindor, he then sits with his brothers at the Gryffindor table.

"Harry Potter?"

Everyone went quiet. There's a tension in the air, like students were afraid to breathe wrong. I'm in the minority who continued to breathe normally. Harry walks up and sits down. The hat has a conversation with the young wizard.

"Not Slytherin eh? Oh well. GRYFFINDOR!" the hat finally decided. What's so bad about Slytherin?

There's a long line of kids waiting to be sorted. There's about 15 new Gryffindors, 20 Hufflepuffs, 13 Ravenclaws, and 17 Slytherins. I am the last to be sorted.

"Nova Potter?"

As I walked up, I heard people whispering, staring, and trying to figure me out as if I were a 1000 piece puzzle.

"Does Potter have a twin?"
"I didn't know there was another one."
"Maybe it's just a common last name."
"Who is she?"
"Do they know each other?"

I sat down, and the hat is placed upon my brown curls. All the whispering made me nervous.

"Well, what to do with you, Ms. Potter. You're wiser than the other one, but I can see you have no problem being a Slytherin," the hat spoke aloud.

"You're a peculiar one. A tricky one to place. I see great things coming from you from each house. Oh well. I must choose. SLYTHERIN!" the hat finally decided.

I smile and I walk to my new housemates. I take place by a girl with long, dirt brown hair.

"Hi, I'm Pansy Parkinson," she said with a friendly smile.

"I'm Nova Potter," I smile and we shake hands. As soon as we do, there's a glass being tapped.

"Your attention please," the witch commanded our attention. Pansy said that she's Professor McGonagall.

I look up and see a man with white hair and a long matching beard. I met him over the summer;  he's the one that gave me the invitation to this place: Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster at Hogwarts.

"An important announcement! For anyone who doesn't wish to die a most painful death, the third floor and forbidden forest are off limits. Now, without further adieu, let the feast begin!" he instructed.

I was taken aback by the casual death threat we just received, but the feeling quickly subsided the second I saw all the food on the tables. There are rows upon rows of food of all sorts. It's more than I've seen in a while. Back at Wool's Orphanage, I'm the only one who doesn't get to eat as much as everyone else. My job is to clean the den on the second floor during dinner. I normally eat whatever is left. Though most nights there's nothing. They forget that I'm there, so no one ever saves me any food. The ones that do remember about me, purposely ruin the food left. It's a safe assumption that I am not the golden child there.

I'm overwhelmed with joy. I get a chicken leg, a bowl of soup, and a piece of garlic bread. I also get a chalice with something in it; I take a sip and it tastes like pumpkin pie with a whip cream aftertaste. I talk with my fellow housemates around me.

"I'm Vincent Crabbe," he told me

"Nova Potter."

"Are you related to the other Potter?" he asked me. I'm starting to get irritated when people ask me this. If we were related, wouldn't we make more of an effort to talk to one another at this point?

"Look, I don't know him. Today is the first time I've seen him in my life," I responded.

"So you two just happen to have the same last name?" Another boy asked and I look at him, "Gregory Goyle."

"Yep, we just have the same last name," I agreed.

"What if you were related? One Potter in Gryffindor, one in Slytherin," Draco said.

"That'd be weird I guess. I don't know why he didn't want Slytherin, it's pretty cool over here. Plus snakes are cool," I replied.

"Well, You-Know-Who was a Slytherin. That kind of ruined the house name," Pansy stated.

"Well, Merlin was too," Crabbe retorted. I just stare at the both of them.

"Do you now know who they are?" Goyle asked me.

"I know who Merlin, but not the other dude," I explained.

"Where have you been for the last 11 years?" The four of them said in unison.

"In an orphanage. I didn't know I was a witch until Professor Dumbledore told me that I was this summer," I explained. Then I tell them what an orphanage is and how living in the "muggle" world has had me living under a wizard rock.