12.

Nova's POV:
We were all walking back through a corridor, and an owl screeched.

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told me so the first time I met him," Harry said.

"It's crazy. And worse, Malfoy knows," Ron stated like the world is ending. They all look at me.

"I don't understand. Is that bad?" Harry asked.

"It's bad," Ron said.

The air is thick. I can physically feel Hermione dancing in her head singing "I was right! I was right!"

"Hey! I promise I didn't tell him!" I said as I put my hands up to surrender. We stopped walking, and I stop just in time. I almost ran into Professor McGonagall.

"Good evening," she said. Draco appeared smugly beside her. He still looks hurt over me being here, and it makes me feel bad.
***

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk around the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken," she stated.

"50?!" Harry said.

"Hey! Stop talking before she takes more," I nudge my brother.

"Each," she added.

"Oh, well now you've done it," I scoffed.

"And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention," she said. Draco nodded then his smile vanished quicker humanly possible.

"Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said... 'the five of us'" Draco said.

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates," McGonagall declared. I smiled as the other four slump down.
***

We were being led back to Hagrid's hut.

"I'm having déjà vu," I murmured so Flich can't hear me.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging from your thumbs in the dungeons. God I miss the screaming," Flich said.

Draco gulped while Hermione rushed by. This man should not be near children. If Dumbledore hired him, who else did he hire that shouldn't be near kids?

"Bet that was fun for you," I said casually.

"It was actually. You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest," Flich explained. "A sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good god, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?"

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony," Hagrid said and sniffed and sighed.

"Well that's good isn't it? He'll be with his own kind," Hermione said and I roll my eyes,

"Yeah but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all," Hagrid said.

"Oh, bloody hell. It's a dragon, not a plant," I snapped.

"Little lady is right. For Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you," Flich said menacingly.

"The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are...werewolves!" Draco complained, and, if on cue, a werewolf howled.

"There's more than werewolves in those trees lad. You can be sure of that. Nighty-night," Flich said with a creepy smile.

"Well, isn't he pleasant," I utter.