13.

Harry's POV:
"You mean, You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest?" Hermione asked. We're back in the Gryffindor common room talking about what just happened.

"But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong. Snape doesn't want the stone for himself, he wants the stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll, he'll come back," I said then sat down.

"Wait, but Nova said that we were wrong. That it wasn't Snape," Ron stated.

"How else would Voldemort get the Stone? Someone from the inside is helping him, and it's Snape. Nova's probably trying to throw us off of his trail," Hermione said jumping up.

"Hermione, she's 11. Also, why would she help someone who's helping the guy who killed our parents?" I ask her and she sat back down.

"In spite of you?" she questioned. I wondered why Hermione can't be at least friendly with Nova.

"Wait, if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you, do you?" Ron asked.

"I think if he'd had the chance, he might've tried to kill me tonight," I said, "Nova being there confused him. He didn't kill me because he was too focused on her."

"And to think, I've been worrying about my Potions final!" Ron exclaimed.

"Hang on a minute. We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared?" Hermione asked and we shrug. "Dumbledore! As long as Dumbledore's around you're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around you can't be touched."

Nova's POV:
It's the day after the attack, and we just finished our finals. It sad thinking about the fact that I'll have to go back to the orphanage soon. I spot the golden trio and trail behind them.

"I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable," Hermione said. I roll my eyes.

"Speak for yourself. All right there Harry?" Ron asked my brother.

"My scar. It keeps burning," Harry replied rubbing his forehead.

"It's happened before." Hermione said.

"Not like this," Harry uttered.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse," Ron said trying to be helpful.

"I think it's a warning. It means dangers coming. Uhh!" Harry said and I laughed as I accidentally scared him.

"How can a scar tell you that?" I ask.

They all look away from me and leave, so I ran after them with them.

"Of course!" Harry announced. He started  running to Hagrid's hut, and the three of us follow after him.

"What is it?" Hermione asked.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one?" Harry questions.

We finally reached Hagrid, and he was playing a song on his flute.

"I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before? Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?" Harry interrogated. Hagrid stopped playing.

"I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up," Hagrid answered.

"The stranger, though, you two must've talked," I said trying to help my brother complete this mental puzzle.

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him. I said 'after Fluffy, a dragons gonna be no problem.'" Hagrid said recalling the memory.

"And did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Harry questioned.

"Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But, I told him. I said 'the trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep.'" Hagrid stated.

The trios mouths drop while mine don't. Anyone could play Hagrid like his flute and he'd never know.

"I shouldn't have told you that," the three of them take off and I follow. "Where you going?! Wait!" Hagrid said desperately. Once we get far enough I pull Harry to the side.

"Where are we going next?" I asked.

"McGonagall's classroom," he replied.
***

As we ran to McGonagall's, we passed Peeves the Poltergeist and he swerved away from me.  He muttered something, but I can't make it out, and I probably don't want to anyway.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore immediately!" Harry exclaimed.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic, and left immediately for London," McGonagall informed us.

"He's gone?! Now? But this is important! It's about...the Philosophers Stone!" Harry screamed.

"How do you know?" she said shocked.

"Someone's going to try and steal it!" Harry shouted.

"I bet that owl was fake!" I exclaimed, and they look at me blankly,  "Now that Dumbledore is out of the way, they could steal it!"

"I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly," she added and we leave.
***

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape, which means he knows how to get passed Fluffy," Harry stated.

"If it was Snape, wouldn't Hagrid recognize his voice? It's not one you can easily forget," I challenged.

"And with Dumbledore gone-" Hermione is cut off.

"Good afternoon. Now, what would three young Gryffindors such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?" Snape questioned, but he doesn't notice me.

"Uh...we were just..." Hermione stumbled on her lie, and I have to stifle a laugh.

"You want to be careful. People will think you're up to something," Snape replied.

"Nova, what are you doing here?" he asked with genuine surprise.

"Just spending time with my brother. With school ending soon I won't be able to see him all summer," I lied seamlessly, unlike Hermione. Snape can't be bothered with a response and left.

"Now what do we do?" Hermione asked.

Harry answered, "We go down the trapdoor. Tonight."

_________________________
Sorry for the short chapter. Also ik that rn it's really boring bc I'm not changing much but once I hit year 3 it'll get much more interesting. Also ik it's really slow with "romance" between Nova and Draco but 1. They're 11 2. They just met and 3. Ron and Hermione didn't kiss until the 7th  book.
-jas