Chapter 5

I jumped in the shower and let the warm water relax my muscles. I got out of the shower and shot a message to the MoShoShev Photography chat. They quickly responded. 

I threw on a sweater and jeans and put some simple makeup on. After about an hour, Mo and Shevi came and we drove to the venue.

Every group had their time onstage to rehearse. We were just sitting around until someone called us back and handed us clothes to put on.

I was wearing a white pleated mini skirt with a black top that had off the shoulder ruffle sleeves. Mo and Shevi had the same mini skirt as me. Shevi had on a simple black tank top with a white flower on one shoulder and Mo had on a black shirt with long sleeves but the sleeves were sheer and hung loose around her arm.

We were all three whisked into the makeup room and had our makeup done for later. Now you may be wondering what today is. Today is the M-Net music awards and BTS had asked if we could present an award. The higher ups agreed and here we were.

We would be presenting Stray Kids (because obviously, who else would win it?) with the rookie of the year award.

The time flew by and pretty soon the seats were filled with fans and artists and the show was ready to begin. About halfway through, we were called backstage and given the first cue card. We went onstage. 

I stood in front of the mic with Mo on one side of me and Shevi on the other and announced "These are your rookie of the year nominees!" A short film played showing the five nominees. The nominees for this award were Stray Kids, Itzy, Ateez, G.Idle, and Target. 

We had gone backstage while the film played and received the second cue card. We came back and stood in front of the mic. 

"And the winner is,"  I paused for a few seconds before looking at the card. I was surprised and saddened but kept that to myself. "Ateez!" the three of us announced at the same time.

They came onstage and bowed as Shevi handed them the award. We headed backstage as their leader said the acceptance speech.

We were told to go back to our seats for the rest of the show. It was pretty much uneventful.

After it ended me and Mo went to the Stray Kids dressing room. Shevi mumbled something and disappeared. 

When we got to the room they were all in low spirits. Jeongin was in the corner crying and Jisung was trying to comfort him and Felix looked like he was about to cry.

Mo rushed over to Jeongin and I led Felix out of the room. I brought him to my dressing room and we sat down. He looked at the floor and then up at the ceiling to try to keep his tears from falling but it didn't work. A tear slowly fell out of the corner of his eye. 

I went closer and hugged him and he broke down. "I really thought we would win," he said through his tears. "We all did," I told him. "I was so surprised when I saw the paper said Ateez." We sat there together until Felix calmed down.

Mo came back and Felix left saying "I should go get changed. I'll see you later." A few minutes later came a knock on the door.

A/N Hey guys, I have the next chapter and I will try to post it Saturday night. I don't have time to type it up now. Its a long chapter so look forward to it!