Chapter Ten

One month later...

The twins and I finally found a penthouse not too far from work. Once Mr. Stone found out the twins settled for a place, he called Dawn and took over the lease. The twins are upset that they aren't able to show him that they can support themselves but was just the sweetest with his responses.

"I'll always take care of my babies."

"You can stop nagging me about paying for your living once another man takes over and supports you. Then I'll gladly back off."

It was so sweet. He just wanted his girl's taken care of. Which was a big money saver for me since I was almost worried about the place they'd chosen.

It was a four-bedroom, five bathrooms, two-floor penthouse. It's amazing. And although it didn't come with pink furniture, it had white walls and cream-colored furniture. It's a very bright home and I love it.

We got here before the movers did. So we went straight towards the couch. We've been packing our stuff for the past week and we finally got the last of it last night.

"Did you end up inviting Calvin over?" Ruth asks smirking at me.

Ruth loves the idea of me losing my virginity. She talks about sex way more now.

I nod, "He's been relentless to speak with me. And Lisa called me yesterday that he showed up at the office and threw a little tantrum because I took the day off."

Roux giggles, "You've avoided him a whole month. I'm surprised he's still trying to reach out or better yet, show up to your apartment."

I shrug, "Today's the perfect day to talk. It'll lighten the mood a little. Since he helped me move last time. It'll bring back memories."

As if on cue, there's a knock at the door and Ruth jumps up, "I'll get it!"

The front door is in view from the couch so I watch her grinning as she opens the door.

"Welcome to my new casa, Calvin." She waves him in and he chuckles.

My breath gets caught as he walks in. He's kept his hair even longer than last time just like when we would hang out and he'd remind me of Jax Teller. His blue eyes meet mine as he smiles. I smile back and notice he's in casual clothing. He's wearing jeans, a white shirt underneath his flannel, and his white Nike sneakers.

He looks back at Ruth, "The movers are on their way up."

Ruth waves her hand dismissively, "I'll just leave the door open then."

They both walk closer to us and Roux turns around and looks at me with wide eyes. Seeming to feel the tension as well.

She turns back to him, "Hey, Calvin. Ready to help put things away."

He chuckles, "Yeah, since that's the only thing you guys need to do." His eyes meet mine again, "Last time I helped you move. The place wasn't furnished and we didn't have any movers to help."

I smile and shrug, "We managed."

He looks around the place, "It's really nice. Where's Ian?" His blue eyes lock with mine.

Before I get a chance to answer Ruth beats me to it, "He's left to the east coast and even if he was in town, Caroline broke up with him last month. So he wouldn't be here anyway."

Roux rolls her eyes, "Duh! Where've you've been living, Calvin? Under a rock?"

I laugh softly. They know damn well he doesn't know. Since I've been avoiding talking to him. Not for the lack of telling him about Ian, but because I don't want to talk about him and Danielle being romantically together.