Chapter Eleven

"You girls be good tonight. It's only been a week of you girls living here. Don't trash the place." Nate tells us.

The twin's parents stopped by to have breakfast at our new place. Of course, I cooked. The twins have no clue how to cook.

"We will, daddy," Ruth tells her dad innocently.

We had since moved from the kitchen to the living room. It was an open space concept, the kitchen and living room were one big room.

He grunts, annoyed. It's really funny seeing the similarity Ryan and his dad share, "Caroline." His light blue eyes stare back at me, "I trust you to call me if anything goes wrong?" I smile and nod.

Ana interjects as she stands from the couch, "Come on, Nate. Leave the girls alone. They have to prepare for the party tonight."

He stands with her and frowns, "Shouldn't we be invited to this supposedly welcoming home party?"

Ruth stands abruptly with them, "No! It's not a regular welcoming home party. It's a party and you guys are old."

Roux laughs softly beside me, "You're so mean."

Ana laughs softly too pushing a frowning Nate towards the door, "Come on. We old people can party elsewhere." She says suggestively.

He smirks, "I can do that."

"Eww." Both the twin's whine and Ruth continues, "I really don't want to know when you guys do that."

Nate scoffs and Ana giggles, "Enjoy your party girls, love you!" She says while she's at the door.

"Be careful! Love you girls." Nate says before opening the door.

Nate took me under his wing when he noticed I was always there for Roux when she got her heartbroken. From then on, both the twin's parents have been parent figures to me. Once I mentioned I couldn't go on a trip with the girls because it would make me behind on my rent and Nate gave me a check three times the amount of what my rent was worth. I never mentioned anything about money in front of them again. Another time, I had said how tired I was because I had to walk a mile in heels after grocery shopping and Ana had set up a driver to drive me around everywhere and although it was nice. It felt wrong. I'm not that type of person. I'm not rich. It was perfect timing though because during that time, Calvin and I were always hanging out and I told them they didn't have to get a driver anymore as I was hanging out with Calvin. Nate had talked to me about how men think, and do not lower my standards just because he was rich. Nate was a sweetheart, he just doesn't like to show it.

Roux sighs heavily, "Did you have to dye your hair blonde?"

Ruth had gone to her hair appointment yesterday and came back with blonde hair. Which made her freakishly look extremely similar to Roux. Even though they're twins, at first that's how I was able to tell them apart and now it's only their eyes that give them away.

Ruth giggles, "Maggie thought it was a good idea."

"Who's Maggie?" I ask confused.

"Our hairdresser." They both say in unison.

I hate when they do that.

Ruth smiles evilly and I know she has a plan, "You should get a makeover."

I groan and Roux squeals beside me.

"I like my long hair," I whine.

Ruth smiles as she's basically bouncing on the spot. "Fine. We'll tell Maggie to give it a tiny trim. We'll keep the hair long. But, we can dye it!"

I have to think about that. I've never dyed my hair and I don't want to dye my hair only for it to end up looking weird.

"Just a shade lighter, Care Bear." She pleads while she clasps her hands in front of her.