The Story of a Tyrant and a King

Trigger Warnings: slavery?

"So Virgil, care to explain why you disappear?" Remy asked, drawing everyone's attention to the dark king.

The group of five, the two SunLight kings, and Virgil were all in the meeting room again after Logan and Virgil woke up from their nap and saw Thomas back to the healer's den. The small talk and conversations stopped and all eyes fell on Virgil who had a rather expressionless face.

"Remember when Mom and Mama died? How you were crowned king, but before I could Arron showed up about to declare war to take over MoonBlood Kingdom?" Virgil said in a low, almost threatening tone.

"Yes, and I told him SunLight Kingdom will defend MoonBlood Kingdom to the last soldier," recalled Remy.

"Well later I struck a deal with him," Virgil said, looking down at his paws, his grey eyes darkening.

"Virgil. . . . what was the deal?" Remy asked softly.

"I gave myself to him to ensure the safety of you, SunLight Kingdom and MoonBlood Kingdom," admitted Virgil.

Remy's jaw dropped and Emile let out a little gasp. The others seemed to be confused except Logan who's blue eyes widened.

"Virgil, if you did that then he still holds ownership of you!" Remy cried.

"I know. That's why we need to get to MoonBlood Kingdom and prepare for battle. I know how to free myself and take back my crown. But it needs to happen in front of Arron who just so happens to be marching on MoonBlood Kingdom tomorrow," Virgil said.

"Wait, I'm so confused," Roman said to which Logan mumbled "When are you not?" under his breath.

"Roman, Virgil and Remy are brothers, born of the queens of the Ilta and Oriana of the MoonBlood Kingdom and the SunLight Kingdom respectively. After the queen's deaths Remy and Virgil were to inherit their mother's thrones, but Virgil gave himself to Arron instead to protect his kingdom. We will be traveling to the MoonBlood Kingdom to protect it and so Virgil can not only take his throne, but end his promise to Arron," Logan explained, looking over at the light grey wolf.

"Oooohhhhhhh. I get it now. So when do we leave?" Roman asked, bouncing to his paws.

"Guys I think this is something Remy and I have to do alone," Virgil said, looking at his friends.

"Nonsense Virgil. We're coming with you whether you like it or not. More wolves means more defense," Janus said, rising to his paws along with the others.

Virgil let out a defeated sigh.

"Okay but on one condition," Virgil said, "Patton has to stay here."

"What?!" Patton yelped in outrage.

"I have to agree with Virgil on this one Patton, I would feel much better if you stayed here," Janus admitted, looking over at his brother.

"Same here," Roma agreed.

"It would be for the best," Logan said.

"Better safe than sorry," Remus barked.

"This is so unfair! Why do I have to stay here?! I'm just as capable as you all are, I-" Patton started to rant but was cut off by Remy sharply barking his name.

"Patton I need you to stay here for me to look after Emile. He's definitely going to be stressed while we're gone and I need you here to calm him. Stress is bad for the pups," Remy said slowly.

"Well aren't you one for sentiment," Emile teased.

"Emile please, I'm an emotional gangster," Remy said, looking at his mate.

Emile grinned slyly and giggled before saying, "Aren't you the one who cried for an hour yesterday after you saw ducklings following their mother?"

Remy's eyes widened and he started to tear up, his lower lip quivering like a frightened pup.

"They were just lined up so perfectly and they KNEW!" Remy whined, his lip still quivering.

Emile and Virgil laughed at Remy's tenderness before they all headed out of the room, Emile and Patton walking over to Emile's den while the rest headed for the courtyard.

"By the way Virgil, I'm going to bring Talyn and Joan with us to help defend the Kingdom," Remy said as he walked beside Virgil. Virgil groaned, but agreed since he didn't really care and knew that both wolves were capable fighters.

"Also I think you'll need this," Remy added, handing Virgil a familiar silver metal, pale purple and clear bejeweled crown.

Virgil and Remy halted as Virgil gazed down upon the crown made for him when he was only a month old. He remembered when he was a younger how excited he was to be able to where this crown as a king. Virgil delicately placed the crown around his ears before looking over at Remy, his head held high.

"Well? How does it look?" Virgil asked, waiting for his brother's approval.

Remy looked at Virgil with his pale eyes before a soft smile spread across his lips.

"Mom and Mama would be proud," Remy said.

Virgil smiled as they continued walking, a feeling of pride welling in his chest.

"I won't disappoint you again Remy," Virgil thought as he marched to the courtyard, his grey eyes narrow and dark with determination and slight malice.

Here's a funny I found and used