The Kingdom Lives On

Trigger Warning: birth, swearing

"Okay Virgil you just have to breath!" Janus said, looking sick as he prepared for the pups.

"Oh you try squeezing another being out of you!" Virgil screeched, digging his nails into the dirt as he clenched his teeth.

A contraction made Virgil screw his eyes shut as he pushed, feeling something slide out of him.

"One pup! Here Logan!" announced Janus, passing a slimy pup to the dark grey wolf.

Logan immediately started to clean it up before placing the dark pup next to Virgil so it could suckle.

"Fuck! Shit! Never again!" Virgil shouted, his hind legs sticking out had another contraction rippled through his body.

"You're doing amazing Virgil," Logan murmured, licking Virgil's ear.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" the black wolf swore as another pup slid out.

"Final one," said Janus before exiting quickly, most likely going to throw up.

Virgil cleaned up the pup and watch the pair nurse, the first one being a dark grey female with the only white being around her eyes so it looked like her eyes were open. The second pup was a tiny black male with white paws, muzzle and ears. Virgil panted, but looked at his pups with such love.

"Are we going to name them?" Logan asked.

"Yeah. You can name the girl, you cleaned her after all," Virgil muttered.

"I've always liked the name Haven," said Logan, nose the little girl.

"Cute. When I was younger I always said I would name my son Nico, so Nico it is," Virgil said.

"They're beautiful," Logan breathed, laying his head on Virgil's side.

Virgil smiled. Everything was perfect. Apollo, Artemis and Felicity were doing amazing and giving their parents grey hair. Forrest had recently decided he wanted to be a girl, changing his name to Juliet. And now Virgil had his own mate, a real mate who loved him, and two beautiful pups he would care for, love and watch them grow.

If someone told him a year ago that this would all happen he would've given them a dry laugh and tell them they're insane. Never in his wildest dreams did he think this could be a reality. But it was. And Virgil had never been happier in his life.

Everything was perfect.

The End

Haven and Nico