Chapter 4

On the next morning, the Alter-Japanese, including Goro and his siblings, gathered in the room where Henry Jefferson and his other officers had an announcement for everyone. Henry told them about GDI and what their goal is. He tells them the GDI is an acronym for Global Defense Initiative and their goal is to eliminate the threats of their earth. The Alter-Japanese are confused about what it means in their world. He told them that they're not from this earth, he and his group were from an alternate earth where the American revolution has won independence and the British Empire is lost. They were surprised by what he said to them. Then, he explains about the encounter of the green radioactive crystal called tiberium in 1995 when it landed on earth spreading in wildfire and took over every major region in the land. He shows the video of the tiberium corrupting the lands and taking everything they have lived in. This caused Alter-Japanese shivers to the bones and it would be scary if sakuradite might be as dangerous as tiberium. He explains about religious terrorist organization called the Brotherhood of Nod led by Kane the Messiah to destined to use tiberium for the next human revolution, but in reality, it will spread all over earth, wiping out all mankind. The establishment of GDI by United Nation to contain the tiberium and eliminate the terrorism, thus, created a war called tiberium war. He shows them a video of the battle between GDI and Nod fighting in the tiberium wasteland. He told them their technology is different from Britannia and other nations they used for knightmare frames and other vehicles and aircrafts. There also explains about a group of humans who were mutated by tiberium and they called themselves, The Forgotten. They were once enemies of both GDI and Nod because they are mutants, but now, GDI and Forgotten are teaming up against Nod in the second tiberium war, gaining their relationship between humans and mutants. In the third tiberium war, a new enemy called Scrin who wishes to spread all tiberium as their own farm field and eliminate all those who are threatening their operations. The GDI defeated Scrin by destroying the tower, shutting them down permanently. And they defeated Nod from stealing a power for their own purpose. In the fourth tiberium war, the tiberium spread all around the world taking away from remaining human territory, Kane came to GDI council to convince them to work together to stop tiberium spread once and for all, and the council agreed. Henry does not trust Kane so much, but he will try not to let his emotions get to him except a coup came and tried to overthrow the government, but failed. Kane and his followers entered the scrin tower and disappeared from the earth and the tiberium started to turn into dust. The Alter-Japanese have never met alternate humans that do not suffer from the Britannia Empire, but it is sad that they have been through a lot to survive. After telling them to their story, he announce that he will allow recruit alter-humans to join GDI to fight against tyranny and terrorism and bring peace and equally to this world. Most Altar-Japanese, especially Goro Azuma, join GDI to fight for their freedom. He also mentions that alter-humans will be treated as equal better than Britannians treated people as numbers. After the announcement, they went to the recruitment center to join up the ranks of GDI. Goro Azuma is the first one to sign up since he is older than his siblings. Once it's done, he heads back to his new home.

...

Goro Azuma and his siblings are eating their lunch that GDI gave them. His sister, Kichi, chewed her food on her mouth and she said.

Kichi: Big brother!

Goro: Yes?

Kichi: I heard you joined as a soldier of GDI.

Goro: Indeed, I am. Since I'm older here, I make sure I'll protect both of you.

Koichi: Yeah. But it's shocking to meet an alien coming to our world.

Goro: They're humans from an alternate world. It's different from ours. But they see us as Japanese and real humans. Besides, they survive many tough lives there and they are able to get rid of it.