Chapter 18

After the Battle of Japan is finally over, the GDI and allied forces occupied the country for a time being. The Middle East Federation forces left Japan to protect their homeland from Holy Britannian Empire. The Allies rounded up all surrendering britannian soldiers and knightmare pilots to taking them to POW camp. Some britannian soldiers who were wounded from the battlefield are taking to medical camp to put them medical treatment despite they are enemy. Britannian citizens who are loving for Princess Euphemia and became Japan sympathizer, they protest at government bureau demanding to give Japan an independence, the Japanese joins the protesters too. The britannian have divided into two group: One is for britannian loyal to Holy Britannian Empire to willing stand against them for they are rightfully owner of the empire colony, and the other is the sympathizer to give Japan independence and loyal to Princess Euphemia. They fighting each other in the streets but the GDI pulls them away from each other throats.

Henry have ordered to arrest anyone according to the list for crimes in the time of Japan colonized. The GDI special forces went to Babel Tower where they arrest a man called himself 'The Black King' trying to flee in his place. The GDI also arrest every one in each organizations that has crime records that britannian didn't care and try to stop them.

The Black Knights have set up a large base area to patch up the wounded people who have fighting the britannian, establish a command center, and repairing the knightmare that has damaged during the battle at Tokyo Settlement. Zero, Kallen, Diethard, Ohgi, and Tamaki went to GDI outpost in Tokyo.

...

Ashford Academy

At the academy, most of the students are remain in gymnasium waiting until the GDI says it's okay to leave and see their family again. Rivalz, Shirley, Nunnally, Sayoko, and Milly went to the school council room for GDI protection. Shirley look outside as she can see GDI troops are walking around the area and it gives her a chill of what's happened for them. Rivalz just said to his friends.

Rivalz: Hey guys. How long do we stay here?

Milly: So long as they say we can go back to normal once Japan is independent.

Nunnally: Independent? So that means Japanese are free?

Milly: Of course, Milly.

Sayoko: Miss Ashford, may I ask a question?

Milly: Sure.

Sayoko: If Japan is getting back to independent state then what would happen to Ashford Academy?

Milly: Probably send us back to the homeland. But we're not sure yet.

Shirley: The soldiers have guarding around this school so seriously.

Rivalz: I don't know about you, but we're not sure if they just let us go.

Milly: Rivalz, don't get that any ideas about escaping.

Rivalz: Hey! I wasn't thinking about that! And where's Nina by the way?

Milly: I'm not sure yet.

Shirley: I hope she is okay. I wonder if they-

She was interrupted by the door opened to see Spectre entering the room along with two GDI riflemen and he said.

Spectre: Ms. Milly Ashford and Nunnally Lamperouge?