Chapter 6

TRAX

Was I dead? I didn't think I could feel this bad and still be alive. I cracked open one eye and saw my room. Nope, I wasn't dead. I was just in my own self-inflicted version of hell. The mostly empty bottle of Jack Daniels was a testament to that.

I was afraid to move. My head was spinning like an out of control top. My mouth felt dry and nasty and I needed a drink of water. Badly. Every muscle in my body ached, but it was when I gingerly sat up on the edge of my bed that my stomach decided it was its turn to fuck with me. I barely made it to the toilet in time as I puked up what little was in my stomach. Again and again.

That's when the scent of piss hit me. What the hell had happened in here? The toilet was a mess as was the floor. I was kneeling and touching everything and just the thought of that had me throwing up again.

I don't remember the last time I was this hungover. I could get a drunk on like the rest of my Road Devil brothers, but I always knew when enough was enough. What the fuck had happened last night? My memory was a blur.

When my stomach calmed down a bit, I shucked off all my clothes leaving them in a pile on the dirty bathroom floor. I turned in the shower and stood under the hot spray for a minute or two until my legs felt too weak. I sat myself down on the shower stall floor and let the water rain down on me.

Last night began to slowly come back to me. It started with Sophie. She was at the clubhouse last night. My Sophie was here but not with me, she was with Wolf. Once I saw that, it was one stupid move after another. I didn't even give her a chance to explain not that she needed to. We had a hookup in her car one afternoon. Not even a date, just a wild hour of sex that had me wanting more.

Even these few weeks later, I still wanted her.

Would I have a chance of getting her to understand?

Then I remembered Lola and the hurt in Sophie's eyes as she watched Lola go down on me. Just another stupid decision on my part. I slammed my hand on the wet shower floor. "Dixon, you are nuthin' but a fuckin' fool," I said to myself.

The shower had helped to sober me up some, but it also reminded me what an ass I had been. I had finally found the first woman that actually interested me in years and I couldn't have fucked it up more if I tried. Angry at myself, I stood up and turned the water off. I stepped out of the shower and shook my head at the mess I had made in my normally neat bathroom.

A Hellion would clean it for me since that was one of their jobs, but I felt bad for whoever it was. I made a mental note to tell Colt's ol' lady Marci that Lola would not be allowed in here under any circumstances. Marci controlled the Hellions. She made sure they did their jobs like laundry and cleaning in the clubhouse in return for access to it and us.

I had a towel wrapped around my waist with another one over my head as I towel dried my hair when there was a loud knock on my door. I tried to ignore it, but they knocked again this time louder.

"Open up, Brother. I got coffee for your sorry ass."

It was Merle or make that Sugar. Sometimes his old name came to me first. My blood brother was Merle, but my club brother was Sugar. It was hard to distinguish between the two at times.

"Comin," I called out as I headed to the door to unlock it.

"What you want?" I snapped at him. The last thing I was in the mood for my brother. He always knew the right buttons to push on me to piss me off. And I wasn't gonna need much pushing today.

"Came up to see if my baby brother was alive. Figured if you were, you'd need this cup of coffee."

I wondered what was up his sleeve. This was the first time in my life he'd ever brought me a cup of coffee. But I wasn't gonna look a gift horse in the mouth. "Thanks, bro," I said taking the mug from his hand. I sat down on the bed with the towel still wrapped around my waist as I took that first hot sip. Nothing beat that first morning jolt of caffeine, except when I looked at the clock next to my bed, it was after one o'clock. So much for the morning.