Chapter 19

TRAX

I was standing under a Chevy Silverado fighting to get the rusted muffler off when I heard a deep voice yell out my name. I had called Diesel this morning to find out if he was coming to the clubhouse today. He said he was, so I asked him to stop by the garage so we could talk.

"Bay two," I called back to him as I wiped my dirty hands on an equally dirty rag.

"Hey, brother. What you working on?" he asked as he made his way over to me.

Diesel was a big mother. I was just under six feet, and he was a good three or four inches beyond that. Plus, he was one of those guys that worked out every day so that even his muscles had muscles. Before Chrissy, all he had to do was point a finger at a chick, and they were in his bed minutes later.

I get along with him pretty well even though we aren't that close. He's a guy I could always count on. Plus, he's as loyal to the club as I am, so he's someone I respect, which is why I know I needed to include him in this fucking mess with the Hellions.

"Fuckin' muffler, that's been rusted on way too fuckin' long."

"Better you than me, brother," Diesel laughed. He managed the bar we owned in town called The Hellfire Tavern. In a town where everyone took advantage of the Angel concept from the name Angel Valley, we did the exact opposite and played up the Devil's and Hell's aspect. "So, what's up?"

I looked around to see who I could get to finish the pickup. "Hey, Max. You almost done with that oil change?"

"Yeah, boss. Give me ten minutes, and I'm done."

"Boss," Diesel snickered.

"Shut the fuck up," I growled at him, making him laugh. Then I turned to Max. "Finish up and take over this muffler for me and stop calling me boss!"

There was a universal "Yes, boss" from every damn guy working that had me grumbling under my breath about no damn respect.

I headed to the office with Diesel laughing behind me. "You know they do that because they like you, Trax. They know they can have some fun compared to when Strut was here. That guy was an asshole to everyone, but these guys respect you. You know that, right?" he said as he closed the door so we could talk in private. You didn't discuss club business out in the open.

"Whatever," I mumbled. I tried to play it off like it was nothing, but it was something. I hired good guys to work here. That made it easier coming to work every morning, knowing they were a decent group to work with. No one had respected Strut when he ran the place, myself included. Knowing these guys did respect me was a damn good feeling.

Diesel sat down on the seat up sofa stretching his long legs out in front of him. "What's up?"

"Did Chrissy tell you anything that happened Tuesday?"

"Not a fucking thing. What's going on?"

I rubbed my hands together, trying to figure out where to start. "Chrissy and Sophie hung out on Tuesday, right?" He nodded his head, agreeing. "Seems they were hanging out back catching up when Lola, Gina, and Gypsy confronted them."

"About fuckin what?" he asked, sitting up straighter.

Gypsy had been Diesel's go-to girl at the club. We all hit the Hellions at one point or another, but he had hooked up with her more often than the others. I guess you could say I did the same with Lola.

Stupid us.

"They asked them when they were leaving. They didn't like the idea of them being ol' ladies and wanted them gone. Those whores let our girls know that pretty soon we're gonna get bored having just one pussy, and they are ready to help us out because there's no way Chrissy and Sophie can satisfy us."