1

I haul my bags into the hallway, taking in a deep breath.Home. This is home now.It was an averaged sized home three bedrooms each with it's own ensuite.

I take a moment to let it all sink in. This is my my life now.Everything that has happened has been left behind me.No more looking back.

I walk back out to the moving van helping Dad to carry out the last few of the boxes into the house.

"This is it Ava,our new beginning." He walks up behind me,throwing his arm over my shoulder and kissing my forehead."We're going to be okay,I promise" he whispers.

Deep down I knew we weren't,no matter how much running we did we can't escape the past.It will always be a part of us.I sighed wrapping my arms around him,squeezing him tightly.

"I love you,Dad." He kisses my head again hugging me back,
"I love you too sweetheart."

He pulls back holding me in his arms, "Hey," he tilts my chin up so that I'm making direct eye contact."Promise me you'll make an effort to make friends.Please" he pleads.

I give him a weak smile and whisper back,"I'll try,I promise." He gave me one last look before going back to the boxes.

He began to unpack the boxes for the kitchen.The utensils and the plates,wine glasses aswell as the pots and pans.

I take up the boxes for my room heading upstairs.I place them down in the landing taking a second to examine each room.

They're all quite big.One significantly larger than the other,I assume this one would be Dads.

I decide to take the room furthest down in the hallway.It's spacious,the walls painted snow white.There's a double bed placed in the middle and large windows in the corner of the room,perfect to look out of.

I place down the boxes walking over to the wardrobe.Its built into the wall,big enough to hold all of my clothes.The bathroom was normal,with a toilet,shower and sink.As well as a cabinet to put in all of my essentials.

We spent hours packing away the boxes,at about 3pm we were finally finished.

"Hey,Ava we're going shopping.Grab your jacket." Dad says

I quickly run upstairs grabbing my denim jacket.I take one last look around the room.It still looked dull,it needed some decor.

We got to the local shopping centre twenty minutes later.I take the pound from dad taking out a trolley.

We strolled through Sainsbury's picking up everything we needed for the house.Once we pay we start loading the shopping into the car.

I head back to put the trolley away.I notice a group of teenagers hanging around.They all seem different but get along quite well.They're all laughing with eachother having a good time.Part of me wishes I had friends like that.

I put away the trolley and back away.As I'm heading back to the car I hear a girls voice behind me.

"Hey! Hey you!"

I turn round trying to see who they might be calling to.

"Yeah,you in the denim jacket,come here" she signals for me to come over,which I slowly comply.

Once we're standing face to face she greets me with a smile."Hey,I'm Lana,my guy friend over there thought you were really pretty," she points back in the direction of her friends,"so I was wondering whether you'd like to hang out ?" She smiles warmly.

"Uh..yeah I just need to ask my dad"

She nods heading back into the direction of her friends.I walk over to dad who's sitting in the driver's seat patiently waiting.