4

The sounds of Dad getting ready for work woke me up.I get up washing my face and then trod down the stairs.Mornings really aren't my thing.

"Morning" I say sitting myself on the stool by the island

"Hey Ava,how was the party?" He asks

"It was good.I had fun." I say eyeing him carefully,but my tone instantly changes "Dad,you're hungover"

He looks guilty as he turns to face me,"it was just a couple of drinks Ava,no harm done"

I scoff,"Dad you can't go to work like this,"

"And I can't skip out on my first day either."

I blow out a quick breath through my nose,almost as if this situation was amusing me"Where did you even get it from?" I ask

"It doesn't matter,just stay safe.I'll be back later." He mutters grabbing his coffee and heading out.

I was pissed,he promised me that he'd stop drinking.I get out of my seat opening the cupboards and frantically searching for the alcohol.I had no choice,I needed to empty them.It was for his own good.

I head up to his room,it should be in here.After a while of searching I found the bottles,but they were empty.All except one brand new bottle of vodka.I grab it bringing it downstairs and setting it on the table.

After a long hot shower I get out changing into a blue and white plaid skirt and a white tube top.I straighten my hair and then check my phone.

There weren't any messages,since it was still pretty early,they were probably asleep.

I make myself some avocado toast with beans and begin eating.I send a message into the group chat:

Does anyone want to hang out today ?

I wait a few minutes,washing up my dishes as I wait for a reply. Then I hear the sudden ding of the phone.I rush over opening it to see a message from Lana.

Come over to my place,it's empty

I send a quick reply asking for her address and once she sends it I call an uber and head over to her house.

"Hey girl" she says inviting me in I step into her house.It was an average sized house,minimally decorated with grey furniture and plants all around.

"Nice house" I say to her

She hums in response saying thanks and then leads me into the living room.She's in an oversized t-shirt and some biker shorts.Her hair is in a bun and she has some glasses on her face.

As I enter I see James sitting on the sofa,he's shirtless and is still in the same jeans from last night.

"Am I missing something here?" I question

"Oh yeah,James stayed the night.After Phoebe dropped him home he walked to mine and stayed with me" she says then shoots her eyes towards the kitchen

"Right," I say taking the hint "Hey Lana can I talk to you in the kitchen?"

"Yeah,course" she answers

She quickly rushes me into the kitchen shutting the door behind her.She then puts her hands on her hips and let's out a sigh.

"Ava,something happened last night between me and James," she confesses

"No way I knew it" I say gasping

"Yeah but it's bad,Ava.Really bad."

"Why?" I ask

"Now he wants something big,he wants a relationship but I don't want it.Ava i just got out of a relationship i wanted a carefree school year." She moans