20

Its been a few days since London,when we came home.We all start 6th form in two days and just like always I'm extremely unprepared.

Dad's been doing well with his alcohol usage.I'm not getting my hopes up though,I know where this leads.I get my hopes up,he does really well and promises me things will get better,I start to believe him.And then he goes back into the drinking.

It's a cycle,there are good days and there are bad,I want him to get the help he needs,the help he deserves.But I know to do that we have to be separated.And call me selfish,but that's just not a risk I'm willing to take.

"Ava,honey some friends are here to see you!" Dad shouts from downstairs.

I sit up in my bed,combing through my lions mane of hair trying to look at least the smallest bit presentable,at the small chance that Ralph could be one of these friends.

When Lana and Sara walk through the door,I can't help but feel a small grain of disappointment.I haven't seen Ralph since London,but I'm too much of a chicken to text him and ask to hang out.

"Rise and Shine my Ava!" Lana laughs as she walks into the room,"We are going shopping for school supplies.It's been a while,and I'm sure there's much to gossip about"

"If it weren't for you guys I'd be living here" I chuckle throwing the duvet off of my body and getting up,"Give me twenty minutes to get ready and then we can go"

"Alright," Lana answers walking round the room

"We'll occupy ourselves" Sara reassures me as I walk into the bathroom.

Once I've had a long,hot shower I brush my teeth and change into a simple outfit of some baggy jeans and a lilac crop top,finishing off the look with a messy ponytail and some mascara.

"You weren't joking when you said twenty minutes" Sara chuckles as I walk back out the bathroom.

"Beauty takes time" I joke placing my towel on the drying rack."Let's get going"

We all make our way out of the house to Lana's car,"So are you gonna fill us in on you and Ralph?" Lana asks as she gets into the drivers seat of her car.

I sit in the back letting Sara take the front seat,"we're friends" I tell her,refusing to admit to my feelings about him.

"Don't bother lying to us,we may have been drunk but we still saw that kiss"Sara laughs turning to face me

"The kiss was a spur in the moment thing,nothing serious.And besides,we both agreed that it doesn't mean anything"

"Did you though?" Lana asks in disbelief.

"Can we change the subject please" I laugh,slightly embarrassed.

"Ugh,fine."Lana sighs

Honestly I dont know what's going on between Ralph and I.I don't even know if he likes me back,the only thing I do know is that I miss being around him,even if its only been a couple of days since I last saw him.

Once we get to the shopping centre Lana finds a place to park,we all get out and head in,ready to break our bank accounts.

"Okay,so uniform is black and white business style,that's all you need to know" Sara says

Walking around I try to find anything that looks like a business woman would wear.Thankfully the sixth form dress code isn't too strict so I can wear as I please.

I leave the first shop with a black pleated skirt,some white collared shirts ans a jumper.

"I think I might try a relationship with James"Lana blurs out.