12

ℝ𝕒𝕝𝕡𝕙'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍

"That's yours now.I fixed it up,I've put in a duvet so it's good to go." She says pointing me in the direction of the spare room down the hall

I give her a small nod and walk in the direction of the room.As she makes her way downstairs.

I sigh falling down onto the bed.It was very sweet of her to prepare a room for me.But I won't be needing it long.I'll go back home,I have to.

The plan for the summer was perfect for me.Money wasn't an issue.Dad usually gives me money,as a way to free him of guilt.I just had to ask and he'd provide.Summer had given me six weeks to be away from him,from that house.A chance to have fun and let loose.

Thinking of dad reminded me to check up on mum.So I dialled her number and waited for her to pick up,it rung for a long time until finally she picked up.

"Ralph,baby are you okay?" I could hear the worry in her voice as it trembled on the other side.

"Yeah Mum,I'm fine."

"Where are you,your dad and I have been worried sick." She continues

"I'm fine,at a friends house-"

I hear her mumble something and then I hear the sounds of light arguing then I get cut off by the sound of my dad.

"Which friend,I've asked every one of them and they don't know where you are." He says

"A friend you don't know" I snap back,"I'll be back tomorrow anyway so chill."

Just as I'm about to end the call Dad speaks up,"Son?"

I don't answer.

"I'm sorry" and with that the line goes dead.

I let out a huff,as I throw my phone down.Ava has been downstairs pretty long so I decide to go down and check on her.As I'm on the stairs I hear voices,so i decide to get closer.

Before you say it I'm not eavesdropping

I couldn't hear much but I just made out a small part of the conversation.

"Don't leave me Evangeline,don't leave me like Maria," a mans voice says,quite similar to her dad's.

Shit

"I won't dad.I'll always be here." I hear Ava mumble.

Who is Evangeline

I creep closer so that I could peer into the room but Ava spots me.

"Dad,let's get you to bed.Okay," she says softly then helps him get up.

I decide to retreat running back up the stairs and into the spare room.I don't know what her dad would do if he found me again.And this time he's drunk.Much worse.I try to act casual as I lay on the bed and take up my phone.

After a few minutes of scrolling through instagram,I realise the house is silent,and pitch black.Dragging myself off of the bed i decide to go and find Ava.

If her dad really was drunk earlier today then she's probably not in a good mood.I get to her door and lightly knock it a few times."Ava,can I come in?" I don't get a reply so I try again.

Silence.She didn't answer,so instead I decide to push open the door and strut into the room,which is surprisingly empty.She's gone.As I'm scanning the room I notice the window is wide open,causing the curtains to dance in the wind.

I walk over to the window and stick my head out,trying to figure out where she's gone.

"Found me"