10

"Hey Pumpkin," Dad says as I walk in

"Hi" I smile back joining him in the kitchen

"How was your day,you seem to be incredibly busy" he says pouring himself a glass of water

"Well,what can I say.Everyone wants to be my friend" I joke "but my day was alright."

I still felt pretty awkward after our encounter with Ralph this morning,Dad assumed that Ralph and I slept together which I tried to explain that we didn't but he wouldn't let me.

He then carried on with his talk about how I'm getting older and that things will change and that I should be responsible and safe.Not something I want to relive,ever again.

"So,Ralph?" He asks slyly

"What about him?"

"Well,for starters you don't even know him" he moves into the living room and I follow sitting on the other side of the sofa.

"I do,well sort of.But that doesn't matte-"

"Of course it matters,Evangeline you can't just sleep with someone you don't know." He says in a frustrated tone

"Dad we didn't have sex!" I shout back blushing instantly

"You didn't?"

"No!"

He let's out a relieved sigh and a small chuckle.Grabbing a pillow I bury my head in it.This couldn't get any worse.

"Thank God,I really thought-wait but why was he here?" He asks

"He got into a fight with his...his brother,yeah and didn't want to see him.So he asked if he could stay here." The lies seem to easily roll off of my tongue instantly making me feel guilty.

He studies me for a moment and then turns to focus back on the tv."Hmm okay,just be careful okay."

I hum in response getting out of the sofa and running back upstairs into my room.After changing into some joggers and a t-shirt I head back over to my bed to watch some Disney Plus.

The fact that I knew Ralph was coming made me irritable.I found myself waiting and looking over to the window waiting to hear him behind it.Frustrated I get up and open my phone,I find his number and begin to type.

Hey asshole,you still with Dan ??

I chicken out and erase the message throwing my phone down onto the bed.Why am I so eager for him to come?

Just as I flop back onto the bed I hear slight taps at the window.I quickly run into the bathroom checking my hair.It's in a high ponytail with strands pulled out at the front.I quickly pull it out and replace it with a messy bun.

Then I run over to the window and open it looking out.Ralph is standing in the garden looking up.

"Hey Princess,you up for a ride?" He asks eagerly

I roll my eyes,"yeah why not" I quickly run in and put on my vans before heading over to the window.

"Meet me by the front door."

"Why don't you just climb down?"

"Because I'll fall," I say in a duh tone

"Go on,I'll catch you." He laughs bringing his arms forward

I let out a small chuckle and roll my eyes as I shut the window.By now Dad's in his room asleep,so I slowly creep downstairs and out of the door.

I walk over to Ralph who's standing in the driveway with his arms crossed.