7

My alarm woke me up,I got up and quickly switched it off,making sure to not wake up anyone in the process.I check the time to see the reminder flashing on my homescreen.

Shit

I creep into the bathroom shutting the door behind me.Unlocking my phone I dial dad's number hoping he's awake and will answer me.

"Ava?Morning are you okay?" He says into the phone

"Yeah,yeah I'm fine.You remember what day it is.Right?" I answer

"Yeah,don't worry.I remembered." He says back to me

I let out a relieved sigh,"Okay,I'll be back soon."

I say goodbye and head back into the room.The girls are awake and are packing away the air beds."Morning" I say putting my phone down and moving to help them.

They all say morning and we finish off cleaning the room.I wash my face and pack my bag.I don't bother staying for breakfast since I have somewhere to be.

💎💎💎

I let out a huff as I pack away the last of the boxes.

As soon as I came home I quickly had a shower and got dressed into a jumper and leggins.Then I helped dad clean the house thoroughly.I then made myself some breakfast and tucked in.

As I ate the cereal my mind began to drift off towards Ralph.I hope he's okay,I picked up my phone contemplating whether I should text him.I type in a message but decide not to impose and quickly delete it.

The doorbell rang and I quickly looked up as dad walked over to open it.I double check that we've done everything in my head:Alcohol,gone.Boxes,gone.House,clean.Everything was done.

I heard the clicking of stilettos on the floor and my dad shutting the door.Then a tall,slim woman walked into the doorway.She had brunette hair scraped back tightly into a bun.

I let out a dissappointed sigh,new town,new social worker.She moved forward placing her binder on the table,then turned to my dad.

"Is there anywhere that Evangeline and I could talk privately?"she asks

My dad nods pointing her into the direction of the office and she walks off.He then turns to me and quickly mouths,"You okay?" I give him a nod as I slide off the stool and head into the office.

She was sat at his desk with my files laid out before her."sit" she says pointing to the seat opposite the desk.

"Hi Evangeline,I'm Abby." She says as I sit down.

I just give her a quick smile and let her carry on."So,we're going to just go through some questions,see how you're doing and then we can talk."

I huff folding my arms across my chest and leaning back in the seat.I subconsciously begin to play with my tongue piercing trapping it between my teeth as she begins the questions.

"How do you find the town?Do you like it?Are you comfortable here?" She gets her pen out ready to make notes.

"Its fine,I like the town and I'm perfectly comfortable"

"How has your dad been doing?He hasn't gone back to drinking has he?"

This is what I was dreading.I begin to fiddle with my earring,"he's stayed away from alcohol." I lie