The party

Katara's ceremony was followed by a feast, there were long lines of tables and one long table at the top of a hall. The world leaders and team Avatar were sat at the top table.

Zuko was led to his seat which was between chief Arnook and the Earth King. The Firelord sighed as he sat next the pompous fool that was in charge of the Earth Kingdom. Ra must have felt his companion's low mood as he sat on Zuko's shoulder matching the Firelord's despondence.

"Good evening Firelord Zuko"

"Good evening your majesty" Zuko painfully returned the King's pleasantries.

"How does this evening find you Firelord Zuko" Chief Arnook grasped Zuko's hand and gave him a firm handshake.

"The evening finds me well Chief" Zuko politely returned the handshake, glad to turn his attention away from the Earth King, who was starting to get a little annoying.

"Now, something I have always been interested in, what are Fire Nation schools like?" The northern chief leaned his elbows on the table and rested his chin on clasped hands.

"Well, schools teach respect for the Firelord, whatever decision the Firelord makes is the right one, they basically drill propaganda into the children's heads, I am however working to change how schools operate" Zuko explained to the chief how he was going to change the Fire Nation. Arnook looked increasingly more interested as Zuko told him how he planned to reintroduce the Fire Nation's culture. While he was talking the Firelord fed Ra little bits of fish and smiled as he gave the dragon the little chin scratches that he enjoyed so much.

"I must admit, it has been extremely interesting talking to you Zuko, I wish you luck and I think, while your ideas are complicated, they are definitely possible" Zuko smiled as the chief put his hand on the firebender's shoulder and gave Ra a little pat on the head.

"Thank you Chief"

"Please, call me Arnook"

The Earth King took this moment to interject.

"You know, Firelord Zuko, heirs are an important thing" Zuko sat listening to the Earth King's rambling. He saw Sokka and Katara pulled away by their citizens to be congratulated.

"Maybe you should stick with Sokka's idea of mixing the nations up a bit and go dance with some of these lovely water tribe ladies" the Earth King started pointing out various girls.

"Uh huh" Zuko said boredly looking around for his boyfriend.

Zuko leaned back in his chair, crossed his arms, and drew his left knee into his chest. Ra moved up to Zuko's head and sat against the Firelord headpiece looking rather deflated. Zuko saw the Earth King clicking his fingers at someone. The Firelord let out a pensive sigh and directed his eyes and head down to the table. When he looked up there was a girl in front of him.

"Hello" the girl looked very awkward, having been brought over to the table by one of the Earth King's entourage.

"Hello, how can I help you?" Zuko smiled at the girl.

"My name is Kota Firelord Zuko, I was wondering if you would like to dance..." Kota trailed off looking at her feet.

"Please, call me Zuko" the Firelord smiled at the northern girl. He walked round the table and took her hand in his and lead her to the dancefloor. He figured the Fire Nation courtesy dictates that you shouldn't refuse a dance from a lady.

Zuko escorted Kota to where the others were dancing. He took her hand into one of his and put his other hand on her waist, she rested her hand on his shoulder and they swayed gently to the calm music. Ra took this opportunity to have a little dance himself and Zuko had to be careful not to tread on his companion as the little dragon was wiggling around on the floor.