𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟒 : 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 ( 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑 )

The body of Saddler bubbled as he died, his body no longer even resembling anything remotely human. He didn't even die like a human would.

Leon rushed over to where Anna laid, concern written all over his face as he noticed the blood on her tactical suit. He started to open his mouth to speak.

   "Don't even start with the 'are you okay'" Anna said before he could say anything. Leon couldn't help but chuckle, lifting his hands up in defense. Anna sat up, grimacing as pain shot through her. Leon placed a hand against the small of her back.

"Take it easy," he said. "You took quite the beating back there. Thank you though for the help."

   "Don't worry, I'll live." Anna said as she stood, carefully climbing down from the pile she had gotten thrown into.

"And don't worry about it. I wanted to help." She said with a tiny, pained smile. It hurt to move but she knew they weren't done yet. They still had to get off the island. She raised an eyebrow as she spotted something on the bridge, next to the liquified remains of whatever Saddler had turned himself into, walking over to it. She bent down and picked up what looked to be a vial. Inside the purple-ish liquid, swam one of the Las Plagas parasites. The very thing that had been put into Leon and Ashley's bodies and even into her own. The thing that had turned a whole village into a brainwashed army for the Los Illuminados. It needed to be destroyed. Who knows what would happen if it fell into the wrong hands. She tensed, hearing a gun click. She turned her head slowly, standing face to face with Ada Wong.

"Sorry Anna but hand it over." Ada said, extending her hand out towards the other female.

"Ada, you do know what that is right?" Leon questioned, keeping his hands where Ada could see them. He didn't want her shooting Anna. Anna slowly handed the vial over, watching the other woman slip it into the pocket of her vest.

"Of course I know what it is Leon, and Wesker will be pleased to have both his sample and his weapon back." Ada said, grabbing hold of Anna's arm, gun pointed still at her head. Leon's eyes widened.

"You have the sample, you don't need her. Let her go Ada!" Leon said angrily.

"I should have killed you when I had the chance." Anna said angrily, her voice low as she eyed the gun that was pointed at her temple. Anna could hear the chopper faintly in the distance.

"It's been nice seeing you Leon." Ada said. She turned, walking Anna towards the other side of the platform. Anna's mind raced, trying to think of a way out of this. She would rather die than end up in the hands of Wesker again. She slipped her hand behind her back, opening it up. Focusing on what she wanted to do, making Leon's knife fly from its holster and into her hand. She closed her fingers quickly around the handle. In a quick movement, she grabbed the arm that Ada held the gun in, twisting underneath it. A shot was fired, Ada glaring at the other. Anna brought her knee up, slamming it into the stomach of the other woman. Next she threw her elbow towards her face, hitting her jaw and slicing at her stomach with the knife. Ada glared, crouching down quickly and slipping Anna's leg out from under her. She hit the ground with a loud thud. Ada moved, crouching over her but Anna was quick to hold the knife up to her throat.

"I'll die before going back to being his puppet." She spat, anger in her eyes. She shoved her foot up, connecting with her stomach and flipping Ada off of her. She scrambled to get to her feet quickly, backing away. Ada sighed as she got up, pointing her gun at Anna as she started to back off.

"Fine, have it your way Redfield. But believe me when I say this, you're never going to be free of Wesker." Ada said before taking off. She jumped off the edge of the platform. Leon rushed over, watching as a helicopter came up, Ada sitting in the seat.

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of it." She said with a smirk, waving the vial at them, taunting them. Anna glared, knowing that if Wesker got that sample it would be bad news for everybody.

"Ada!" Leon yelled angrily.

"Gotta go and if I were you I would get off this island too." Ada said, pulling out a device.

"She's gonna blow up the island." Anna exclaimed, watching as Ada pressed the button.

"She really did it." Leon said in a shocked voice.

   "Here catch. If I were you, I would get a move on." He watched as Ada threw them something, catching it with ease as the helicopter flew off.

   "See you around." She said as the helicopter flew away. He held it up, revealing it to be a key on a teddy bear key chain. "Very cute." He scoffed, looking to Anna who was currently clutching her stomach. It was healing but still incredibly painful. Plus, having to fight Ada off only added to the pain covering her body.

   "We have got to move. Who knows how long we have until this thing blows up." Anna said, grabbing his arm and running down the bridge and towards the emergency elevator. She slammed her fist against the button once she reached it.

   "Let's get Ashley and get the hell off this island."