𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 : 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 ( 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐 )

He was going to kill her. He was really going to kill her wasn't he? His fingers kept tightening around her throat and her lungs were trying to get any little bit of oxygen she could. Her vision was starting to grow spotty and her legs where kicking, trying to connect with him, to connect with anything to try and save herself from him. No one was coming to help so she had to do it herself. She had to save herself. Beneath her fingertips, as her nails dug into his skin, she could feel the pulse of his blood. She gripped onto his wrist, focusing on the pulse of his blood, how it felt under his skin, flowing through the veins. 

    She focused on it, stopping the blood flow in his body. She felt it push against her fingers, almost begging to be released from the hold she had on it, to flow once more through its owners body. His red eyes widened before his grip went slack and he collapsed to the floor. Her grip stayed on his wrist, terrified that if she were to let go, if she were to let his blood flow that he would wake up. His red eyes slowly faded back to their normal color, all life drained from him. She let go of his wrists, her hands shaking as she stood up, staring down at his body at her feet. 

    She had killed him. Some how she had been able to stop his blood. Some how she had won against him. But how had she done it? What she did was something she could never do before. She been able to feel his blood, feel it's pulse and energy simply by having a hold of his wrist. She had felt the power of the blood, the force it had and she could control it, she could bend it and make it do what she wanted. She had some hold over his life and she had used it to save her own.

    She backed away, the silence deafening around her. She wanted to scream, to collapse in fear of what she had done. Sure, she had killed before, though, they were already corpses and even when they weren't, like with the Ganados, it had never been something as cruel as this was. He had felt his heart stop, the distress had been in his eyes as they had stared at her before he died. This was something else, this was inhumane.  

    Her hands trembled and she couldn't look away from his dead body. What was this virus doing to her? When had she suddenly developed this ability? Questions raced through her mind and she knew answers to none of them. Why did this have to happen to her? Why was she the one he had taken and experimented on? 

    She slowly backed away from the body, her heart still racing in her chest. Where were the secret service, why weren't they running in with guns drawn and blazing? She continued to back away jumping as she suddenly hit into something causing her heart to race once more. Hands grabbed her arms roughly, squeezing them tightly. 

    "You really think you could have killed me that easy Redfield?" He whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine. 

    She jolted awake, quickly sitting up. Her hand gripped the arm of the couch, heart still racing and a cold sweat covering her skin. It had been so life like, so real. Her hand went to her throat, where he had squeezed it. She could still feel his fingers there, crushing her windpipe. She moved her hand down to her side, remembering the pain that had seared through it when she had hit it when she got thrown by him. There was still a ghost of the pain, like the rib had actually been broken. She could feel his presence somehow still there. She wrapped her arms around herself, trying to calm herself down. She ran her fingers through her hair, clasping her hands around the back of her neck, squeezing her eyes shut. The image of his body, the feeling of his breath on her skin, of his grip on her throat were still ingrained in her brain. 

    He wasn't here, it was just a dream. She kept telling herself that, repeating it to herself. She wished she could believe it. She so wished she could believe it. Ashley was asleep on the couch beside her, the only light filling the room being that of the television that had been left on, both of them apparently falling asleep before the movie had finished. She stood, taking a deep breath as she started to clean up, putting the used popcorn bowl in the kitchen. She walked back out, waking up Ashley. 

    The girl woke up, grumbling and obviously not happy about being woken up. Anna turned off the the television and the two girls made their way back upstairs to the bedrooms to sleep in their own comfortable beds instead of the couch downstairs. Anna made sure she got to her room before walking down the hall and to her own. 

    It was dark and she made her way carefully over to the nightstand, turning on the lamp that was there. The room lit up and she could see her surroundings. The clock on the nightstand read twelve thirty. She sighed, pulling off the shirt and jeans she had on, tossing them into the hamper. She walked over to the dresser, grabbing pajamas from the drawer and pulling them on. She was ready to crawl into bed and hopefully not dream again. One nightmare had been enough for the night. 

    Something stopped her though, a feeling deep in the pit of her stomach. Something was wrong, she could feel it. She glanced at her desk, walking over  to it. It was flipped open, to the page she had been drawing this morning, the drawing of Wesker. She could have sworn she had closed it, that she hadn't left it open. There on top of the drawing lay a paper, it was folded and she didn't know where it had come from. 

    She picked it up and froze as she read it. Her hands began to tremble as the note dropped to the floor and she grabbed her phone, pressing the dial button. The words on the note echoed in her words, knowing, knowing deep down who had left it for her to find.

See you soon Redfield