Chapter 9

Recap
I would risk my life just to make sure Hailie was loved, protected and safe.
_________________________________
Hailies POV

It's been a week since 'the incident' and I've tried to put it behind me, but everywhere I go, I get so paranoid.

Also, my brothers have not let me go anywhere. I've either been in my room all day, or I'm with one of my brothers. And honestly, it's getting really boring. My brothers are fun and all (well some of them) cough *Mason* cough *Xander* cough

I'm honestly getting tired of staying home all the time so I was determined to convince Mason to let me go to the mall.

I made my way downstairs to one of Masons' offices. (He has 3 in total; once across from the kitchen, one at the end of the hallways near our bedroom, and one on the third floor that I heard (eavesdropped)
Alex talking about. I was only allowed in the one downstairs across from the kitchen.

I hesitantly knocked and waited a minute . I hear some shuffling of papers and finally heard Mason say
"Come in Hailie"
I was shocked at how he knew it was me but then realized, I was the only one who knocked in this house.

I learnt that the hard way when I was changing and Cole barged into my room just as I finished putting on my shirt telling me dinner was ready. I was so scared. If I was even a second late to put on that shirt then Cole would have seen- I still shudder at the thought. Of course he didn't realize I just changed, but I was so weirded out by it. Why doesn't anyone knock in this house?

"Hailie? Are you listening to me?"
"Huh? Oh sorry! I zoned out.." I blushed looking down at the floor.
Mason sighed
"I asked if you needed anything and why you came to see me. I told you to only bother me if it's urgent."

I blushed even more know. But I was also a little hurt. What did he mine by "bother."
Is a sister asking her brother something a bother?

I quickly snapped out of it as I realized I was wasting his time.

"Uh yeah... I was wondering if I could g-go somewhere. I mean- if you don't want me to t-that's fine! I was just wondering since I've not gone anywhere for 3 weeks a-and since-"
"Hailie. Stop."
I blushed again once I realized that I was rambling. I do that sometimes when I'm nervous.
Mason seemed to think for a moment before turning back to me.
"Fine, I will let you go to the mall. But, I will send 4 body guards, and you will go with Alex, and must stay with him at all times. If I come to know that you broke that rule, then I promise you Hailie, you will not see sunshine for week." My eyes slightly widened at Masons threat. The thing that made it worse was that I knew he wasn't kidding.
"Okay. I promise I won't leave Alex's side"

Mason nodded and turned back to his paper thin laptop. I knew this was my signal to leave, and I pushed the door again to leave. I muttered a small thank you as I left, but he probably didn't hear it.

Well, at least I'm going outside!!

Hey everyone! This was a really short chapter, but I'm posting another one tonight, that's why. I just wanted a little chapter for her and Mason. Do you want me to do more chapters of her and just one other brother? Comment what you want to happen in the next chapters!
Love ya!
🦋❤️