Chapter 30

Thank you all so much for 114 k reads! Love you all so much! Thanks for being so patient with this book. (For real this time), I'm going to start another book. The chapter where you guys wrote all your suggestions was deleted, and I don't know how, so please leave some more! ❤️
_________________________________
Recap:
Oh shit
____________________________________

Hailies POV

"Yes you were poisoned Hailie, but we don't know how." Mason answers me again.

From the outside, I look confused as to how I was poisoned, but on the inside I was panicking.

How the hell am I suppose to tell them that I literally drank the poison out of choice.

Yes, I didn't know it was poison, but how would they react? Would Xander get in trouble? Did he want to poison me? No of course not! Then why was there poison in his car?

I was snapped out of my thoughts as Cole hugged me next.

So did all my brothers, except Mason of course. He just gave my hand a little pat.

I wanted to hug him. Ever since... that night, I haven't hugged him. But I wanted to.

Even though he doesn't give them as much as he should, Masons hugs were great. They were warm and although he radiates power, you could feel love from him. For once.

I hate how he's always so cold, and distant.

Snap out of it Hailie! You shouldn't be worrying about hugs right now!

I look back up at my brothers just in time for a younger looking nurse to come into the room. Her blonde hair was placed neatly on her shoulders and her blue eyes wondered to each of my brothers.

Ugh great. She thinks they're attractive...

I mentally roll my eyes, and watch as the nurse comes over to the side of my bed and as she detaches some of the wires, she shoots glances at Alex and Mason. I wanted to gag.

As she was leaving she winked at Alex and I saw Xander snort from the other side of the room.

We all knew Alex was not that type of guy. He was very respectful, and he wouldn't just get any random girls number.

But this did make me wonder how none of my brothers had girl friends. It confused me, but nonetheless, I was happy they didn't have girl friends. Girls can be a pain in the a- rear end sometimes.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as the doctor came in. I don't think I've ever seen him before, but his white coat had Dr. Silvermen on it.

He looked at his click board and looked up at my brothers, then at me.

"Hailie. Good to see your awake now. I have to run some tests on you. Is that ok with your guardian?" He now turns to Mason.

"Of course. I would like to know if my sister is health or not. But, what will these 'tests' include?" He asked raising as eyebrow. Still using his monotone voice made him seem kind of threatening.

I saw the doctor gulp.

"W-well. There will only be three tests performed. The first one includes just the checking of her joints to make sure that the poison didn't have any affect on her body. The second test includes a check of her mouth and throat to make sure the poison didn't affect any vital organs, or any bones. Lastly, she will need to take one more blood test." The doctor said.

I wanted to faint. The first two were no big deal... but I hated blood. It reminded me of memories I would much rather have tucked away in the farthest part of my mind.

I felt my face pale, and sadly, Alex noticed.

"Hailie... what's wrong?" Alex asked softly as he took my hand in his. His mouth was in a slight frown.

"I-I hate b-blood..." I look down slightly, but just in time to notice my brothers stiffen. They knew why...

"If your afraid of blood Hailie, then we can have your legal guardian stay with you during your tests if you would like?" The doctor asked me calmly.

I knew he asked this so I wouldn't panic during my tests, but I was honestly scared of Mason.

Would he let me hold his hand? Will he think I'm weak? What if I start crying? I hate it when people see me cry. But he's already seen me cry before.... But it was one time!

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Masons voice.

"Hailie? Will I need to stay with you during your blood test?"

His words made me feel like a child who was scared to get a shot from the doctor.

"O-ok..."

Ok? You said ok!?! You could have atleast said thank you-

I was again taken away from my thoughts as the doctor asked my brothers to please leave so he could take the tests. The same blonde nurse came back, she frowned when she only noticed one of my brothers were here this time.

She gave me a fake smile and look seductively at Mason.

He didn't seem to notice. Maybe he did, but he chose to ignore it, and put his attention on me, and what the doctor was doing.

Another nurse came in, she had brown hair and cute brown eyes. She was holding a tray with a hammer looking thing, which I knew was to test my joints, a tube looking thing, a flat wooden stick thing I knew was for my tongue, and a needle and tube for the blood.

Well, here goes nothing.

Hey everyone! I know this chapter didn't have a lot of... flavor to it. It didn't have a lot of the details I wanted to all, but that's because I'm saving it all for the next chapter! I'm writing a new book, so leave suggestions! (For real this time, I'm writing one). The update chapter where you guys wrote suggestions was somehow deleted. 🥺 So please write some more. Love you all so much!! ❤️