Chapter 32

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoy this chapter! I tried to add some spice to it. Hope you enjoy! Thank you all for 122 k reads! I love you all so much!! ❤️
____________________________________
Recap:
"You what?!"
_________________________________

Hailies POV

Mason stood up from his chair, and his tall figure could easily drown my small one.

"Hailie, if I'm correct, you drank the poison?"
Mason said. No, more like he confirmed.

"Y-yes. It was by accident. I didn't know it was poison... I thought if was water. I never knew there was poison in Xander's car. I'm really sor-"

Mason interrupted me, "Hailie, I need you to explain everything. Now."

So that's what I did. I told him how I went to Xander's car and I thought I was drinking water, but now, it turns out it was poison. At the end, I didn't know what Mason was thinking. His face was blank as usual.

Without another word, he left the room, and only the doctor returned. I could hear yelling, shouting and cussing from outside my room, but I tried to ignore it as the doctor told me the results from my tests.

(A/N: yes, I know that blood tests take much longer to test on, but for the sake of wattpad, it only took a few minutes 😙)

"Alright Hailie. Your tests came back fine, and you can leave the hospital whenever your ready." The doctor gave me a cup of water, and left.

I don't know how long the yelling went on for, but around half an hour later, the yelling went quiet, and two minutes later, Alex and Xander walked into my room.

"Hailie, we have some things to... explain to you."
Alex said while scratching the back of his head.

I got confused. I knew that had a LOT of explaining to do with things that have happened in the past, but they never would tell me. So the confusion turned into a mix with excitement.

My brothers never told me any of their secrets, so I was excited that they could finally tell me something.

"Ok, what is it?" I asked curiously.

They shared a glance before talking.

"As you know, there have been incidents in the past where you have gotten hurt..." Alex said slowly.

I nodded. I was so happy that they were finally going to explain why the past had such things... in it.

Like Lucas and Luke. I shuddered at the though of both of them. I hated them for what they did to me. Hopefully now I'll know why they did what they did.

"Hailie, I need you to not interrupt me once, and let me explain. Alright?"

I looked into Alexs' eyes and they didn't hold their normal twinkle, and happiness, they were serious, and looked hard as stone.

I nodded.

"Lucas hurt you because of us. We dont have a good reputation with everyone. We have... enemies that we have hurt in the past for their mistakes... shit this is so hard to explain."

He ran a hand through his hair before continuing.

"What I'm trying to say is that our job- our family business leads us to have enemy's that don't like us, and want to get back at us. They did that by wanting to hurt you, because your our weak spots Hailie. Your the only one we all would die for. Do you understand? Shit.. this is hard..." he closed his eyes, took a breath and continued.

"Even thought this has only happened once, with Lucas, were not saying it won't happen again. People are always trying to get back at us because our business made us very powerful. Of course we won't let anything happen to you. After you told us about Daniel, we were so pissed. We all wanted to revive him just to kill him. And then Lucas, that bastard hurt you too. We felt horrible Hailie. We felt that we let you down as our brothers because we're suppose to protect you. But I promise you we won't let anything else happen to you. Your our baby sister and we love you, we can't- we won't, let anything happen. That why we don't let you go to school- yet at least... This is so hard to explain... but Hailie, um, were in the-"

But before he could respond, Xander interrupted him.

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Do you want her to find out about the Mafia, or should it still be a secret? Let me know, and the comment with the most replies, will be what's happening next. Please put the comment like this (even if you have to comment twice);

Yes:
-replies-

No:
-replies-

You know what I mean? Haha that makes no sense. Anyways, love you all so much! ❤️