Little Jack (One-shot)

DISCLAIMER: Everything here does not belong to me, only the plot does. All characters here belong to the amazing Hideyasu Takahashi. All the pictures belong to their respective artists but I mostly get the pictures from Google Images.

Hi guys!!!

Here with a one-shot based on my first 'Ideas' post!! The 'Child Joker AU' specifically!

This takes place in a slightly modern AU! So no flying ships for the cast but only houses and apartments. It's like 'normal human being with a job by day, but kaitou by night', with the cast knowing each of them is a kaitou! They follow their canon background but just a tad bit more modern.

Also, little Jack is the Jack from when his parents have already died but SH hasn't picked him up yet

Anyway, enjoy!

=+=

When Akai's doorbell rang at 2 AM, he was understandably annoyed. 

"Who's even awake at this hour...?", grumbled Akai when he glanced at his clock. "It's 2 AM. Who in their right mind would wake me up? It's my night off and I don't have any heists planned until next week...". 

'Plus it was raining.', Akai thought to himself as he looked out his window, seeing the rain lightly splash against the ground and window as forecasted earlier this week. 'Everyone knows I don't like rain.' 

He got up from bed and made his way to the door. When he got there and opened the door, there was no one there except the rain. He looked around and found no trace of a person there, all evidence, if there ever was, being washed away with the pouring rain until he looked down. 

"What the...?" 

When Akai looked down, he saw a kid left unconscious right in front of his house, drenched from the rain. Akai's eyes widened with panic once he comprehended the sight. He quickly brought the kid inside, putting him on the couch next to his fireplace and grabbing some blankets from his room. 

After getting the kid set up by the fireplace, Akai calmed down just a bit and looked at the kid.

The kid wore a blue shirt with a yellow tie and a red suit with a golden 'J' badge on his chest. He also wore a purple cape, dark blue shoes, white gloves, and a purple eye mask. He also had icy-blue white hair with the back sticking upwards. 

"His outfit looks like Jack's Kaitou clothes...", realized Akai when he observed the boy. It had all the details ranging from the 'J' pin to the yellow tie. Not to mention the hair... 

Akai's eyes widened in realization. "No...", he said in disbelief. "But that's impossible!". 

Akai decided to check the boy for any of Joker's usual equipment such as his balloon gum and Image gum and to his surprise, he found some. 

"Well this is weird.", said Akai as he stared at a child who is apparently Jack. "I guess I should call the others. They're gonna be pissed off though since they had a heist earlier...". 

Akai sighed before picking up his phone and calling Spade first. When he picked up, Spade was understandably annoyed since he just got back home from his heist with Queen and Joker. 

"Hi, Spade...", greeted Akai when Spade picked up.

"Good morning, Akai. Why did you call?", asked King with a polite tone but you could here a hint of irritation in his voice.

"Just a question, do you know what happened to Joker on his way back home?" 

"No, why?" 

"I'll need you and Queen here. Asap." 

"Why? What happened?" 

"You'll find out once you get here." 

"Okay, I'll bring Queen along so you don't have to call her. Just expect a grumpy Queen." 

"Okay, thanks. See you." 

"Bye." 

Later... 

Akai heard the doorbell ring as he was adjusting the blankets on mini-Jack. He went to answer the door, and once he opened it, he saw King and Queen staring at him.

"Good morning, you two.", greeted Akai as he let both of them inside. King and Queen smiled at their friend and greeted him with a 'good morning' back.

"What're we here for anyway? You said we'd find out once we arrive??", asked Queen, impatient as always. King rolled his eyes but looked at Akai expectingly.

"I think it's better if you see him for yourselves.", said Akai as they entered the room where mini-Jack was sleeping near the fireplace.

"What do you mean by that?", asked King, before his eyes landed on the sleeping kid on the couch. 

"Akai, what's a kid doing on your couch? Is he the reason you called?", asked Queen as they approached the child. Akai sighed before explaining,

"Earlier, someone rang my doorbell and when I left bed to check, I found no one but the kid. He was drenched from the rain, not to mention unconscious, when I found him. After setting him up here, I looked the kid over, and to my surprise, he looked like Jack but younger. His clothes also looked like Jack's kaitou outfit. I search the kid over and he has some of the equipment Jack usually uses."

When he finished his explanation, Spade looked at the kid and said, "So you think this kid is Jack??". 

Akai just nodded, feeling the situation really settle in. Queen opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by someone stirring.

Everyone in the room except mini-Jack froze upon seeing his awakening. He yawned and sat up as he scrubbed at his eyes. Upon realizing he wasn't alone, mini-Jack dove under the blankets covering him with terrified eyes.

There was only one thought going through everyone's head when they saw scared blue eyes peering at them from under the blankets.

'This is going to be a long day.'

=+=

And finished!!!

Now, Imma remind you guys that this is a one-shot, not a two-shot, or anything so I won't be continuing this but if you want to use the idea, go ahead! I 100% approve if you decide to!

Also, I'm starting to feel more comfortable writing here in Wattpad so I'll tell you guys something about myself! I'm Filipino! Surprise...??

Haha, well, anyway, thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Buh-byyyyyyeeeeee!!