Young Volcanoes

Two days later

I was on my way to Starbucks when someone called my name. I turned around and saw a girl, my age. "Pete is mine. Back off."

"No. He's mine. Just stop. It's not cool." My phone started buzzing so I pulled it out. Pete's name was on the screen and I picked it up. "Hey, Hun. What's up?'

"Will you get me something from Starbucks? This hangover is killing me."

"Course. I told you not to get shitfaced at that party." I said.

"But you kept me in line."

"Had to. You're Pete." I murmured as I went back to walking.

"Rude."

"You love me." I said cheekily.

"I do. You love me."

"Sadly."

"I hate you, Patty." He mumbled, faking a temper tantrum.

"I do love you." I corrected.

"Yay. Hurry up and get home."

"Did you take the asprin I left you?"

"Yes mom." He joked.

"I'll be back in fifteen minutes love."

"Stay on the phone with me." He demanded. I chuckled as I walked in. I walked to the counter that no one was at and ordered our drinks. "Why don't you ever take the car?"

"Morning walks, Hun."

"I would come pick you up, but this bed is really comfy." I took our drinks and started speed walking home.

"I understand. When I get back I'll give you your coffee and make you breakfast. How does that sound?"

"It sounds like a plan." He murmered. "My head is killing me."

"Then go to sleep. It's okay."

"Mkay." He murmured. I heard soft snores from him a minute later and hung the phone up. I smiled and walked faster.

I walked through the gate, waving at Mathew, and walked home. I walked in and make choclate chip pancakes. I grabbed his breakfast and went upstairs.

"Petey." I said as I entered our room. He opened his eyes and smiled at me. I set the tray on the table and helped him sit up. I kissed his forehead and handed him his breakfast.

"Thanks baby."

"No problem." I responded. I sat beside him, drinking my iced coffee, and he cuddled into me. "You're my baby today. My hungover baby."

"Yay." He clapped and continued eating. I kissed his head and smiled.

"So you know the chick who sent those letters?"

"Yeah."

"I met het to day. Meagan Camper."

"I used to date her. That's probably why."

"She's a bitch. Just saying." I said. He chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah. She is. She was a TOTAL diva." He added. I pecked his lips and smiled.

"I'm glad you broke up with her. Now you're all mine." I said as I pulled him onto my lap. He put his head on my chest and looked at me.

"I'm glad I did, too. Get my babe right here." He mumbled and pointed to me. I kissed his head.

"Finish your breakfast and you can go back to sleep. You need it."

"What about you?"

"I'm going to do something productive." I took his empty plate, kissed his cheek, and he got off of me. I got up and went downstairs. I started washing dishes.