Chapter 1: Friend

Luis: *laughing* Take that! *whips* Giddy up horse! I don't have all day you stupid beast! Let's see you run!

He whips the girl under him and pulls on her hair with laughter.

Just then something pushes him off. He falls to the ground then gets up.

Luis: Who did that?!

He got punched and punched by something. The girl could only see a blue blur beating him then disappears into the woods.

The girl saw her tormentor on the ground bruised. She ran to see what it was that saved her. She ventures deeper and deeper through the trees. 

She climbs up a rock, but slips and was about to fall. Something caught her and runs off. She followed and finds some hiding behind the tree.

???: Hello.

That someone was Nexus, who quickly tries to run.

???: Wait! Please don't go!

She grabbed his hand and he stops. It was awkward for him, but he needed to escape due to his powers.

Young Nexus: Could you please let go.

She does and started asking questions.

???: Why are you hiding?

Young Nexus: I have to. Mama told me to.

???: Where are your parents?

Nexus looks down, remembering what happened.

Young Nexus: They're gone. A bunch of bad people took them away.

The girl felt bad and hugged him. It surprised him, but her warmth was just like how his mother used to hug him.

???: I'm sorry for asking.

Young Nexus: It's fine.

Young Satellizer: Oh, I almost for got. My name is Satellizer. What's your's?

Young Nexus: The name's Nexus.

The two started to play with each other. Games like hide-&-seek, tag, or just exploring the wilderness. This was the fun he missed. Maybe she could be his friend.

Young Nexus: So why was that boy beating you like that?

Young Satellizer: I hailed from the noble L. Bridget family, despite being the illegitimate child. It was because of that my mother was hated by my stepmother, who later encouraged my younger half-brother, Louis L. Bridget, to mistreat me. However, his mistreatment later turned into sexual abuse and I was forced to endure it as my mother was terminally ill and did not want the family situation to worsen. The only one who treated me like family was my older half-sister, Violet.

Young Nexus: Then why didn't you just run away?

Young Satellizer: Where would I run off to?

Young Nexus: Anywhere as long as its away from people like them.

Their conversation continued until nightfall. It was getting dark and Nexus carried her to a bakery in town. 

Young Satellizer: Why here?

Young Nexus: The baker and his wife are very kind. They could let you stay with them if you ask.

Young Sattelizer: But what about my family?

Young Nexus: Don't know. Either that or be a play toy again.

She thought and decided to ask to stay with the baker. Nexus was about to run off, but was stopped.

Young Satellizer: Will we see each other again?

Young Nexus: Some day we will.

Young Satellizer: Promise.

Young Nexus: Promise.

The two closed their promise with a pinkie. The baker opened the door and found Satellizer outside. 

As he asked her questions, Nexus watched from the distance and runs off.