Chapter 24: Super Charge

~West Genetics~

The students saw a ring open as Nexus's body was flung across the ground. Spencer's ship emerges with the cockpit opened and face revealed.

Marks Spencer: You're very interesting I give you that. Power like that would turn the very tides of this war. Your parents were foolish to hide you from the world. 

Ingrid noticed the pouch across from her and secretly throws it on top of the ship.

Marks Spencer: *aims at Nexus* No will miss you. No one.

Ingrid: *lands behind him* Maybe not you. 

Marks Spencer: *turns around* What the-

Ingrid punches him as they fought, however she was losing it.

Marks Spencer: Who the hell do you think you are, woman?

Ingrid: The Guardian of Order, you sick son of a-

She was hit in the stomach and thrown off. Marin and their Limiters running to her.

Marin: Ingrid, are you-

Ingrid: I'm fine, but...

She looks back at Nexus, who was badly wounded and unconscious. 

Marks Spencer: Why? Why give up your life protecting this 'abomination'? That's what I don't get about humans. You commit things that are pointless and regret it later. *adjust* All here are found guilty for associating with it and will die.

A gun fired and hit the side. Lilian came out with her gun as did Kazuya and many others.

Lilian: That's our friend you're messing with.

Kazuya: And our hero!

Ingrid: Everyone...

Crazy Ki: And the Blue Yokai! *pulls out flamethrower* Who everyone could see if real and not made up by me!!

Cammy: Okay just put that away, please.

Satellizer held Nexus's head. She was hurt. She was afraid of losing him. Her tears fell on his cheek with the pearl in her hand.

Marks Spencer: I don't want to look completely heartless or indelicate here, but someone should put some ice. Keep the body fresh. What is so special about him? He's just a freak of nature born from parents, who should've never met. It never belong here! Never will!

Satellizer wipes her tears away and stood strong. 

Satellizer: That freak of nature knew more about being human than you ever will. His name is Nexus. This is his home. He's my friend since the day he saved me from my half brother. I won't leave his side... because I love him! Ever since he first met. I love him and always will!

Hearing her words, Nexus awakens with a bolt of lightning shooting out of him into the night sky. Energy surges before turning into a golden yellow.

He now stood with a serious expression. His armor taking on a new color and form.

Everyone was glad to see him alright.

Satellizer: He's all yours! 

Everyone ran to the other side as far from the fight as possible, but continued to watch.

Nexus (Super Mode): *serious* I think you have something that belongs to me!

He clenched his fist with lightning electrocuting the ship, taking back the energy from his strand of hair.

Nexus (Super Mode): This is my power! And I'm not using it to run away nor hide anymore! I'm using it to protect my friends! My family!!

Marks Spencer puts on his helmet and prepares multiple missiles. All aiming at him.

Nexus activates his cannon and sword. After some time passed, Spencer fires all missiles at him, but he easily avoids them. He fires energy shots at the ship, followed by countless strikes from his sword. Simultaneously damaging the ship.

Nexus jumps back with his weapons gone, looking at the ship which took serious damage, but still works.

Marks Spencer: *angry* Now you done it for the last time, you blue freak!!

Nexus (Super Mode): Guess what, Madman? I'm not the one leaving Earth. You are! *turns to Scout* Scout?

Scout nods before taking out a ring and runs to the back of the ship. 

Scout: Batter up!

He throws it, creating a portal to the mushroom world. Nexus and Spencer move quickly towards each other head on. Nexus morphs into a ball and bounce forward before delivering the final blow. Turning back and delivers a powerful punch, destroying the ship and sending it on a one way trip.

Marks Spencer: AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

The ring closes and the battle was won. Everyone ran out with Satellizer tackling Nexus.

Satellizer: You did it!

Nexus transforms back into his normal armor color and smiles.

Nexus: *smiles* Hey we all did it.

Everyone raised their hands up, signaling one thing. Nexus gasps and excitedly runs around, getting hi-fivings.

Nexus: *looks at hand* 

Scout: *gives pouch* I think these belong to you?

Nexus: Thank you very much.

Scout: *takes pouch back* No more pushing people off buildings. 

Nexus: No promises there.

Scout gives him his rings back. 

Nexus: So... *turns to Satellizer* was that all true? I mean the-

She cuts him off by kissing him. There were cheers and whistling with this surprise.

Satellizer: Does that answer your question?

Nexus: I-I guess it does.

The two kissed again before shortly departing. Both starring into each other's eyes.

Satellizer: I love you.

Nexus: I love you too, Stella.

Scout: Wait. I just come up with the most brilliant idea. From this moment on... You shall be known by all as the protector of the people. MegaMan Nova!!!

It fell silent with that dramatic announcement. But it did have a nice ring to it.

Nexus: Nova? I like it. MegaMan Nova, the Blue Hero, protecting people big and small. 

Satellizer: Okay, slow down, speedster.

Sister Margaret: Alright everyone. Back to your respective dorms. Just a eventful night and um... Mr. Yamada put the flamethrower away.

Everyone dispersed and called it a night.