Chapter 3: Loneliness

Nexus was running around when he stumbles across a baseball game. He runs underneath the bleachers and watched as the pitcher throws the ball. The batter hits enough for a home run and reaches home base, high fiving his teammates. 

Nexus was amazed about the idea of great friends and getting a high five. Something he never got to experience. Not even with his parents.

It soon became night and everyone left. The lights turned back on as Nexus walked into the field, looking around with amazement.

Nexus: Ah, so cool.

His eyes landed on a bag with baseball equipment and this gives him an idea.

Nexus (batter): Bottom of the ninth tie score and exactly who you wanted the plate with a game at the line: Nexus!

Nexus (pitcher): But starring them down from the pitcher's mound is the most fearsome thrower: also Nexus!

Nexus (batter): Okay, calm down and focus, Nexus. If you win this game, you'll be the most beloved kid in town.

Nexus (shortstop 'red team'): Hit it to the guy in left! He's a real space-case.

Nexus (blue team): *blowing a bubble gum* 

Nexus (pitcher): Argh, I can't with that guy.

Nexus (catcher): Ay batta Nexus, Ay batta Nexus, Swing-A batta Nexus~

The pitcher throws the ball and WHAM. A direct hit.

Nexus (red team): I got it, I got it. *miss* I don't got it.

Nexus continues to run around the field.

Nexus (third base): GO HOME! GO HOME!

Nexus (catcher): Come on!

Nexus runs faster and gets to home base right before the catcher was about to pull him out. 

Nexus (referee): SAFE!

Nexus slides on the dirt floor and saw that he made it. He won the game.

Nexus (batter): AW YES! YES, YES, YES, YES! I did it! Did you see that! Mom, dad, I did it! I-

He held his hand up, waiting for a high five, but noticed that no one was around. Just a empty field with crickets chirping. Realizing the truth that no matter how hard he tries... He will always be alone.

Nexus: I really am alone... all alone... *drops helmet* forever.

In his sadness, he starts to run around the bases. Running faster with lightning surging all over his body. He was angry at himself, but sad because he wanted nothing more but to have a friend. A real friend. His parents to still be there.

Nexus: AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

He snaps and caused a huge explosion that knocks out all the power

Nexus: Hopefully no one saw that giant blue explosion... right?

He quickly runs back to his cave after the mess he made.

~Chevalier~

A man with an intimidating presence sat with others for an important meeting.

Alfred Hughes: 20 minutes ago, an energy surge knocked out power across the entire country. What do we know? 

Radox Phantomheim: Well first instinct would've been Nova, but scans didn't detect any. Nor EMP since it couldn't have that kind of power.

Howard L. Bridget: Development of Energy says it wasn't a power plant malfunction. 

Alfred Hughes: Well, sounds like we're really good at figuring out what it wasn't.

Marks Spencer: If I may. I suggest we sent out a investigation. Find out what it was. If it is Nova then we'll set the Pandoras out immediately.

Alfred Hughes: *sighs* Very well. 

However, he had something else in mind. Something involving a child, who escaped all those years ago.

Marks Spencer: I finally found you at long last.