chapter 3

Living with Lee has definitely been an adjustment.

I can't walk around in my underwear anymore, and I have to get used to seeing a beautiful, brown man roaming around shirtless.

Lee's abs are something special, it's obvious that he spends a lot of time working on them, but it's not overdone to the point they look unsettling.

I haven't been attracted to anybody since I've started college, and he's definitely changing that.

It's a little scary.

But, things aren't bad, I don't feel as lonely anymore.

When I come home from class or the shop, he's there with food and ready to interact, unless he gets the vibe that I'm not in the mood.

Whenever we have classes at the same time, he insists that we drive to school together.  Sometimes, even when he doesn't have any classes, he'll drive me to school and get breakfast if we're early enough.

I gave him free rein over his room and he used it to the fullest.  I didn't expect a guy to decorate his room so well.

His room gives off a darker feel than mine.  He used a lot of wood tones and colors on the darker side.

With him came a PlayStation and, what felt like, hundreds of games. This week, he's teaching me to play Call of Duty.  As of now he's "carrying" me, but I don't care, it's fun.

In return, I'm teaching him how to play Mario Kart on my Switch.

I was absolutely disturbed when he told me he's never played Mario Kart before, we had to change that immediately.

All in all, I'm definitely more comfortable with him, which is all I could ask for.

"We're here, bitch, get up!" Lennox shook me while jumping on the bed.

The damn munchkin.

"Come on now, get out. Messin' up my Saturday afternoon nap." I gently shoved her, trying to make sure I didn't push her off the bed.

If she keeps shaking me the way she is, I wouldn't give a damn where she ends up.

"I just got here, you really gonna kick us out, Zo?"

I sprung up at the sound of her voice.

Daya.

"You're back!" I pulled Daya from the foot of my bed into my embrace.

Lennox and I met Daya 4 months into our Freshman year at UPenn.  She's the first official friend we made in Philadelphia.

Daya's originally from Puerto Rico, she used to go there occasionally, but she's found herself there way more often now that her mother's gotten sick.

"How's Ms.Isabel?"

"Still being stubborn as hell, won't stay in that bed for nothing. Her ass even made y'all some empanadillas.  But she'll be good." Daya tried to reply happily, but she couldn't hide the sadness in her eyes.

She'll never say it, but her mother's sickness is taking a toll on her.  Especially with her not being there at all times.

"Empanadillas?  That's what's in that box? I'll be back."

"You better not eat all of them again, Lennox! I'm not playing!" I shouted, watching Lennox sprint out of my room.

Lennox always deprives me of food, the girl eats like she has a whole football team inside of her.

Her small figure always amazes me.

"I heard about you and your fine ass roommate." Daya smirked while leaning against my legs.