chapter 17

"You're really gonna sit here and say DC is better? Marvel's worst movie is better than DC's best, stop the cap." Rhett leaned back in the recliner and looked at Lennox with absolute disgust.

"Are you really going to sit here and disrespect the Justice League? Marvel gets its hype from floods of expensive movies with basic storylines. If we're going off what really counts, which are the comic books, DC has Marvel by a landslide." Lennox leaned forward, pointing on the coffee table with every word she spoke.

"Marvel has Black Panther, Captain America, Spiderman, Jessica Jones; DC has a techno-bat and an alien, ain't nobody checking for them."

I continued to listen to their heated debate while shoving almonds in my mouth. Due to our conflicting schedules, we haven't been able to hang out as a whole. Today, we're all conveniently free, so we decided to pile up at Bentley's spacious house.

Rhett and Lennox have been debating about superheroes and geeky stuff since we got here while Daya and Elon sat next to them, snuggled up and messing with each other like nothing out of the ordinary was happening. I guess you could say Elon and Daya are unofficially together.

In all honesty, their relationship surprised me and Lennox. No man has been able to hold Daya's attention for longer than a week and she seems genuinely happy. It's nice to see Daya gaining some stability, I'm happy for her.

I sat next to Lee, who rested his legs over my thighs, as he played some game with Bentley.

"Hey, I'm ordering pizza, send your requests." Vaughn came downstairs and yawned with his phone in hand.

"Oo, get my cookie brownies please!" Lennox stopped her debate and looked up at Vaughn.

"Already in the cart, Len."

"You already know I need the pasta." Bentley interjected without looking away from the game.

"Got it. One cheese, pepperoni, supreme, the spinach shit Zola and Elon eat, pasta, and cookie brownies?"

We all nodded in agreeance. Vaughn confirmed the order and set it for delivery.

Three loud knocks banged through Bentley's front door. All of our heads shot in the direction of the noise.

"Ain't no way it's here already." Lee paused the game and raised his eyebrows.

"Who the hell at my door banging like they the damn police?" Bentley hopped up from his seat and jogged to the door.

Aggressive yelling and slight commotion echoed through the house, we all looked at each other, then back to the hallway.

"We havin' a get-together, huh? Where she at?" Brynn stomped into the living room and chuckled, pointing at me.

"There her scary ass go."

I looked at Lennox and Daya who were already looking at me with rage painted all over their faces. Waves of shock overtook my body, I can't process what's happening for the life of me.

"Brynn, go!" Bentley whispered, holding Brynn away from all of us.

"Yo, what the hell is she doing here?" Lee removed his legs and pulled me closer to him.

"Who is she?" Rhett asked, pointing Brynn.

"I'm supposed to be Lee's girl, but her scary ass got in the way!"

At this point, everyone in the room was either incredibly angry or incredibly confused. I'm an uneven mix of both, but I have no idea what to do. I can only sit here and listen.