CHAPTER EIGHT: TRUTH ALWAYS COMES TO LIGHT

We're sitting in front of the console, reading the files about Bamboon.

«That son of a bitch!!!» Andor says with clanged fists. «Everything that happened. All those people that lost their lives during the Imperial invasion... all of it was because of Bamboon!!!»

«He's... an ex-Imperial.» Jeembo says in shock.

«I will crush him!!!» Mikken lashes out.

«Meeken... he's not worth it.» I'm saying skeptical.

«My brother and his children died during the invasion. Bamboon is responsible for all of these. And look what he's done here again. So many people died... because of him. What are you suggesting to do? Do let him get away with it?»

«No. Not even close!!!» says a voice. We're turning around surprised to see a woman approaching us. She's wearing a military uniform and that means only one thing. That Jalya has sent help. «Claus Bamboon will be arrested and will stand trial for all the crimes he committed. I'm Commander Crone.»

«And what makes you think he hasn't already left the planet?» Mando asks.

«The moment we received your message we have blocked the exit of every ship without authority. When was the last time you saw him? And where?»

«We saw him leaving the market. He said he was going to bring more guns. I know where his house is.» Jeembo responds.

Commander Crone nods. «All right. We will take care of the mater.»

«No!!!» Andor says. «We're coming too!!!»

Jalya sent a small squad with Commander Crone which she splats into two. The first half stayed at the mines with Davin and the rest people of his village and the other half is coming with us.

«We have to sneak him out of his house.» Andor proposes.

«How?» asks Jeembo.

«There's a way.» Mando answers skeptical.

The ship is landing behind the wreckages of the old village and Mando leaves for Bamboon's house.

His plan was accepted by Commander Crone. Mando was going to supposedly warn Bamboon that Jalya will come after him and that he will get him out of the planet while in reality, he was going to bring him to us.

«Do we trust this guy?» Kyle asks.

«Yes.» I'm saying. «Thanks to him we made it. At least I trust him.»

«I still can't believe that we worked for him all these years.» Andor says bitterly.

I guess everyone will regret working for Bamboon. Some of them will regret it for the rest of their lives.

And if I haven't left Andor and Enda's home I would definitely work for him too.

I'm approaching the Commander, who's sitting alone at the cockpit in quiet. «Commander Crone.»

She turns around and looks at me without saying anything.

«One of the prisoners at the mines heard that Mount Togharan is also filled with crystals and that they were planning to go there after Dondor.»

«Thank you for telling me.»

«Shouldn't we inform the New Republic?»

«We're not part of their Republic young lady and I do not think they care about Jalysta and the fact that some ex-Imperial warlord sends a couple of Stormtrooper squads to mine crystals from their mines. We're alone. We always were.»