CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: THE HUNTERS

It's dark.

The cold is piercing through my body.

It doesn't feel like ambient temperature.

It's the kind of cold you feel when you're scared.

Cold and dark.

That's all there was. No! It wasn't just that!!!

There was something else.

My dominant feeling. The terror!!!

I'm running through a forest trying to catch my breath.

Someone's after me.

Someone's trying to kill me.

Terror should normally have paralyzed me, but I'm running.

I'm running because I know if I slow down, I'm going to die.

I hear the footsteps of my hunter getting closer and closer to me. A branch gets tangled in my feet and I'm on the ground.

It's too late.

Whoever's after me has caught up with me.

He's pointing at me with his blaster, and while I can see that he's going to shoot me at any second, I hear a sudden sound tearing through the air. A yellow beam appears and penetrates the body of my prosecutor who falls dead to the ground.

I look up and see a young man with fiery hair staring at me. In his left hand, he still keeps his Lightsaber on with the yellow beam. His green eyes look at me and then he spreads his right hand at me.

«Keirah.» I hear a strange voice.

«Keirah wake up.»

«KEIRAH!!!»

I'm jumping from my sleep screaming and I find AD staring at me in a frightened.

«What? What happened?» I'm asking out of breath.

«You were seeing a bad dream.»

«I'm not sure it was a bad dream.» I'm saying as I'm getting up from the couch of the common room of the ship. «It seemed...»

«Real.» AD finished my sentence with certainty.

I'm nodding positively. «Anyway. I was going to wake you up either way. We're almost there.»

We're heading to the cockpit and take our seats.

«I hope this time we get there before the others.»

We land on Dandoran, a blue-green planet full of forests and lakes. We study the file, and before we go out, we're equipped with two blasters each.

According to the list on the planet, Cole Andersan, a former Rebel pilot with his wife and three children, lived. Two one-year-old twin girls and a two-year-old boy.

The list was unclear about the exact location of the Andersan family. So we agreed with AD to search the residential areas. We had supplies for a month and a half, but we couldn't stay here for that long. Not when there were other names on the list.

A few hours later we reach a large village. The residents who are walking through the market are giving us strange looks.

«We'd better split up. I'll go this way. You over there. Ask as many people as you can about Andersan.» I telling AD, pointing him to the right. He nods and we scatter in the village.

Most people are giving me an unfriendly stare and don't even answer. Others see me and walk away while others almost run in another direction. I doubt they've ever seen a stranger in this place before.