2 - Who Knows The Muffin Man

It was spontaneous. 

His mother and father insisted that there were good enough masters programs closer to home. Not cross the whole fucking country. Elliot didn't disagree with that. It's just he had lived in Michigan his entire life and he was worried it wouldn't payout. It's about time he grows some balls and goes off to his own. 

So here he is. After too much driving he finally arrived. Now he's heading to an underground concert in the university's lot. They were just as nice and welcoming as they were on the phone. Although not exactly as he imagined. 

Tom is clearly the business of the pair. Tall, as intimidating as he was kind, he smiled, but he also scolded his best friend. He made sure Elliot had everything or if he needed any help with anything. He made sure Elliot knew he didn't have to go out with them right away. Andy is clearly the kid of the two. He was a good couple of inches under Elliot's 6'1, what he lacked in height he made up for in spunk. He pulled Elliot into the tightest hug the minute he knocked on the door. He never stopped smiling, talked a mile a minute. He was scattered brain but made up with it in charm. 

Elliot is here. He's already overwhelmed, already thrown into a life he's still trying to plan. He's days away from family, he's here without knowing anyone. He's nervous, still fidgeting with everything like he hasn't done yoga for years. 

He's alone. He asked for this, he played for this, he's got this.

"Sheri said she got product from Heather but if we don't find a parking spot fast enough Ward and Noel will light it all up," Elliot had kind of given up on trying to find answers for all the confusing comments they would say. "It's bad enough they got to chose the spot. I bet they're still back on the fucking highway just so they don't have to be close."

Tom scoffed, pulling into a spot a bit from the actual lights coming from a field. Andy got out faster than Elliot could register. At least it wasn't cold out. It's supposed to be warm all year long down here but the nights are never promised. Andy started fast walking, with a blanket under his arm while Tom and Elliot walked at a normal speed. It would seem Tom was in the same boat. 

"Guys!" Andy's voice pitched in a whine as they all got closer to a huddle of people on the ground. Elliot wasn't sure which group was the right one because they all looked over at him, "There are much better spots up front!"

"Shut up, dumbass," So that was the group. A tall built man with a girl on his lap yelled back at Andy's claim, "If you didn't move at the speed of a grandmother, you would have gotten here first and chosen the spot. But you didn't and now we are staying right here." He shook his head, relighting the joint between his fingers so embers flashed. 

So the product was weed. Elliot oughtta know that.

Tom scoffs, chucking one of the blankets at the man, subsequently hitting the woman on his lap with it, as Andy laughs, "Who's ass did Ward not get into?" So he was Ward. Elliot was inching closer and he looked pretty fucking intimidating. Not exactly the fun-loving guy they seemed to make him out to be.

The girl on the ground next to them smiled up at them, her hair pulled back in a bun to show off makeup that shimmered in the lights. Actually, did Elliot see something shimmer on Ward's face? Elliot kept fiddling with his cuticle, blood moments away from bubbling out of the peeled skin.

"Tristan from his work," Ward slaps the girl's bare thigh at the comment.  She fights back, slapping his thigh before bringing his hand with the joint between his fingers. He holds the lighter to the end for her to take in a deep breath. Elliot just kind of stays focused.

"In my defense, he has a very distracting ass. But jokes on Noel because I solved my problems in else ways," Ward hums smugly at the end of his statement, taking the weed back from Noel. That had to make the girl on her own Sheri.