11 - Let's Boogie But With Emotions

Ward could tell Elliot was a bit sad that he wasn't around his friends or family anymore so he smiled kindly and said, "Don't worry, we'll build you a new little family here. I mean, I probably shouldn't be in charge of it all seeing as I made my family based on a girl I hit on in rehab. But Tom is rational. He'll help- Ooh! You could come to a party with us Friday. I'm using my 'get out of DD free' card from the basketball game."

That's how Elliot found himself in Tom's clean car next to Noel as she and Ward checked each other's makeup. Andy was grumbling in the front seat since he has to be designated driver and Tom was tapping his foot to the radio.

If Elliot hadn't been asked by Ward, there was a small chance he wouldn't come. He would be getting ready to watch TV in bed after the daycare. It was Ward who had asked and there was already a little tie between the two that found Elliot bowing to his words even if Ward had no idea. So instead he's going to a party even if he thought he could put that scene behind him.

Ryan had slightly freaked out about this all. Elliot held some worth to updating Ryan on the rollercoaster of Warren Baxter. That includes telling an incredibly summarized version of all of Ward's stories, from crazy hookups to dropping out of school in exchange for a GED program. Also, just the unimagined energy Warren suddenly possessed.

Ryan, respectfully, was bewildered. He too had grown around Warren when the little boy was little and fucking pissed at the whole damn world. So hearing stories of Warren being outgoing and loud and boisterous was shocking. The two, Elliot and Ryan, also spent a small minute complaining about Warren being much more sexually active than either of then. A tiny pint of jealousy.

When Elliot told Ryan he was going to the party Ryan assumed it was to get more info on Warren. More true was the idea that Elliot maybe just wanted to spend time with Ward and see who he was in the real world. Just be around him.

"Wait, did I get lipstick on my teeth? Andy drives like shit," Noel turns towards Ward, flashing her teeth for him to check for lipstick stains. Andy whines from the front seat and presses the breaks quickly to spook his sister.

They all jolt against the seatbelts that Ward double-checked everyone was wearing. Noel screams while Ward knees the back of the driver's seat. Andy just snickers as Tom yells at them not to break his car.

They haven't arrived and it's already so chaotic.

When they did arrive Elliot's stomach began its downfall into dread. Ward was bouncing in his seat to get out and into the party. Noel was 'ready to get fucking wasted'. Although, when they arrived, Andy locked all the doors and swung around in his seat with a glare.

"Okay, rules children! Ward, if you start to get to bunny-like you have to drink a whole water bottle of water and double-check us all you have condoms before you leave. That being said, if you're even remotely sober, paying attention to Ward because he's already scaring me," Ward scoffed. Andy ignored it, "Noel, I swear to fucking god if you drunk call one of your exes I might slice my own throat. Just please fuck someone in a coat closet and get it out. Oh, double-check you drink water and have condoms too. Elliot..."

Elliot sat a bit straighter with furrowed brows. Andy furrowed his too, "You know what, I don't even know about you. I guess get wasted, be careful, and try not to lose your pride in there," Elliot nodded in a lack of understanding of what to say, "Tom, please get laid. Your anger is totally vibing up from the past two weeks. It's ungodly. And absolute number one, get your own drinks and watch your drinks. I am not a man of strength and can not punch someone trying to drag Tom up the stairs," Then the doors clicked in unlocking and Andy opened his door, "Okay, Autobots, roll out."

"Woop, swoop! Let's prep for hang overs, bitches." Then Ward all but rolled out of the car. Elliot smiled at that as he too, carefully, climbed out of the car.