Chapter 7

Kate and I manage to a KFC to grab some lunch, we get it take out though and head back to the waiting either neither of us wanting to miss our name's being called. I find myself really greatful too have met her because even as I discover she's three year's older than being 19 we seem to have alot in commen, share likes and dislikes and find alot of the same things funny and most importantly having someone to talk too who's in the same situation definitely helps as they know exactly how your feeling. Of course we try not too talk about it too much..sticking too other subjects but sometimes it slips in.

"You know I think its amazing your doing this at 16.. I could never have" Kate says sipping on her coke, "I mean I'm outgoing and stuff and as I've already told you I LOVE LOVE parting and being center of attention but I was way too immature at 16 ..I'm glad I've waited till now I'm ready this year" she tell me.

I smile "Thanks, and I bet you were way more ready than you think" she laughs "Oh trust me if you knew me at 16 you'd  NOT be saying that" and I laugh with her. "Anyway now we've covered that, tell me more about the hottie from earlier?" Immediatley I blush, .."George?.. oh..umm" I pause god what is wrong from me??? she dosn't even have to mention his proper name and I'm totally flustered he's just a guy I bumped into at my auditon" I shrug trying to be casual.

l

She laughs and rolls her eyes "Oh please girlll.. don't pull the 'he's just a guy' " she says the last part in a funny voice "With me..the two of you were totally flirting". My mouth drops "Uh we were not" I exclaim acting innocent "You were too" she throws a french frie at me "Uh..don't throw things at me" I say narrowing my eyes I throw one back, and we end up in a mini foodfight.. laughing and sniggering until we remember where we are and we stop, noticing a few people staring our way. "Opps" I whisper and we both snigger before getting up and clearing away our mess, as were doing so that familar voice's calls another set of numbers.

 "Auditonee's 10105 too 10119 come this way to the stage"

 Kate and I both look at each other "OMG were after them" she says chewing on her lip and its the first proper time I've seen her look nervous , I feel my own stomach churn with nerves I take a breathe "Yep we are" even though I've just had a coke I feel my throat dry and I need something to quench it "Come on, I want some water.." I  tug her jacket.."Yeah me too" and we set off to the small WH Smiths store inisde the arena we both grab some water and some chewy minutes and are  making our way back out when I  stop in my tracks remembering something " OH god" I put my hands over my mouthas I look at her.

 Kate frowns "What?.. what's wrong?" she asks, "UH I can't believe I forgot.." I say covering my face with my hands, "Forgot what?.. Aria your not making sense" Kate says, I sigh and pull my hands away "When I went on stage for the first cut, I gave my guitar to one of the girls backstage..I forgot to go get it back  I was too hyped and .." I trail off because I don't wanna say I was loooking for George. 

 Something clicks in her head and she smiles "Ooooo I get it..someone was too wrapped in Mc Hottie" she pokes me in the side.. "Ow." I jump glaring at her "And no I wasn't I was too excited from getting threw" she rolls her eyes "Whatever",  "I have to go get it.. I need it for my audition" I explain, "Want me to come?" she asks. I shake my head "No... stay here I'll find you I won't be long".

So I rush making my way to the stage door to speak to the stewards standing guard, I can tell there slightly dubious of my story and well I suppose I can't blame them I could be just trying my luck to get in early, but they give me the benefit of the doubt. They don't let me in instead they send someone in to go see if they can find it, luckily my guitar case has my name on it, and they can match my name to my badge number. Its an anxious wait I stand there fidgetting with the edges of top again and biting my lip I keep glancing back into the main hall..I just hope I can find Kate again. The door opens and I turn around to see not only my guitar case but the girl I gave it too, it seems the steward wanted to be doubly sure my story checked out.