Chapter 6

"He was gazing at her, the way one did when one felt one was unobserved. He had that look on his face as if he were completely caught up and entranced."

~ Cassandra Clare

💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮

Feng Jiu and Dong Hua we're at the Bai estate inside the family mansion in their living room. Feng Jiu and Dong Hua arrived 8 in the evening after the bodyguards of the Bai's escorted them to the chopper and flew them back to the city.

Feng Jiu felt really nervous especially that her aunt, 4th uncle, her mother, father, grandfather and grandmother are all present. Feng Jiu can feel the temper of her grandfather and father boiling deep inside.

"When did the two of you start going out? " It was Feng Jiu's grandfather who asked frowning.

Feng Jiu and Dong Hua looked at each other then Feng Jiu replied,

"Just today..."

"Today? Today Xiaojiu? Have you seen the headlines that came out? You two look like you've been together for a year based on how cozy that picture the two of you were taken. " it was his father who replied with a hmpp.

"We've only just agreed to meet today since... " Feng Jiu looked at Dong Hua who is still looking at her then back to her elders.

"...since both of us are busy with work. "

"So Xiaojiu when did you and Dijun really...you know had a mutual understanding?" it was her aunt Qian-Qian who asked. Feng Jiu bit her lip and lowered her head in shame, remembering that she lied to her aunt and uncle about going to work this morning.

To Feng Jiu's surprise, Dong Hua grabbed and held one of her hands and squeezed it softly. She looked at him sideways and she saw he smiled reassuringly back at her and nodded. She nodded back, silently understanding that he'll take charge of the situation.

Still holding her hand Dong Hua faced the oh so serious Bai family who is watching with surprise at his and Xiaobai's little sweet exchange. Dong Hua looked straight in Bai Zhi's eyes and said,

"Sir, since my grandfather and father were still alive up until now, you have known me. I have never dated anyone or went out with anyone in my whole existence, yet here I am, in front of you determined to continue what Xiaobai and I have."

Dong Hua saw that the Bai family is surprised. He smirked. For a quite guy like him, people would think that he is shy but one of his strengths is being outspoken.

"Xiaobai and I started dating a month ago after I met her here when I first saw her and was introduced. And then the rest is history. I have pure intentions towards Xiaobai Sir. And, I am at the point where I have fallen in love with her. " Dong Hua sincerely said and softly showed everyone a smile. He felt Xiaobai squeezed his hand and when he looked at her, she smiled back at him. His heart once again had that abnormal beating.

To Bai Zhi and the rest of the family who is looking at this scene in front of them, Xiaojiu and Dong Hua Dijun are lost into their own world. Full of smiles and staring at each other's eyes while holding hands. Bai Zhi felt his 2nd son Bai Yi sighed. Of course. This is impossible to stop, seeing the youngest of the family is as smitten as Dong Hua here.