IX

Just the Two of Us...

Feng Jiu and Dijun reached Qingqiu at midday. She's thankful for her fourth uncle for sending Migu a missive and informing Migu that they have a very important visitor and to prepare the visitor a room and an empty study area. Migu as always doesn't disappoint. He's Qingqiu's steward after all.

But after arriving in Qingqiu Dijun said,

"I'm a little bit hungry. Can you prepare a meal? "

Feng Jiu nodded. As a queen and hostess, she will not let her guest starve but there's a problem, Migu don't cook. Feng Jiu sighed. Qingqiu is prudent and practical. They don't use magic in a simple task and they don't employ that many maids in Qingqiu den since they can cook and clean the den themselves.

"What's wrong?" Feng Jiu heard Dijun asked then she replied.

"Er... Can I leave you here for five to fifteen minutes?"

Feng Jiu saw Dijun frowned then he asked,

"Where are you going? "

"To the kitchen. I'll  cook for you." She replied and she saw Dijun's frown turned into a surprise when she mentioned cooking.

"The Queen of Qingqiu will cook for me? But don't you employ cooks here in your den? " Dijun asked.

"No. We can do basic stuff like cleaning and cooking so there is no need to employ another being for that. " Feng Jiu replied which Dijun nodded in agreement.

"If you're going to cook, then I'll come with you to the kitchen. " Dijun replied then stood. It left Feng Jiu shocked but she reasoned out to Dijun not to go but Dijun insisted and Feng Jiu couldn't do anything to stop the master of the universe to accompany and witness her move in the kitchen. Feng Jiu sighed in defeat when she couldn't stop Dijun.

Feng Jiu ushered Dijun to seat on an empty chair and then she went on to check what are in the pantry to cook. Feng jiu found ginger, garlic, dried shrimp, dried scallops and shiitake mushrooms for flavouring and rice. Feng Jiu nodded her head and started the fire. After that, she prepared and sliced the ingredients she found while Dijun is just sitting and been observing her. 10 minutes had passed and Feng Jiu is done cooking their meal.

"Let's go to the Dining area Dijun. I just finished cooking." Feng Jiu said and Dijun nodded. While Dijun is sitting,  she's thankful for Migu for preparing the table in advance and Migu said,

"Just sit here your highness. I'll bring the food over. "

Feng Jiu nodded and smiled. She can really count on Migu. While waiting for the food to arrive, Dijun said,

"You are really capable." then Dijun just stared at Feng Jiu which embarrassed Feng Jiu.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"
Feng Jiu asked.

Dijun pointed on her face and then said,

"There is something on your face. "

Feng Jiu frantically cleaned her face with her hands but to her surprise, Dijun reached for her face and he softly wiped the dirt on her nose down to her right cheek. When Feng Jiu felt Dijun's hand on her chin, she just froze and stared at Dijun's unreadable face who is serious in wiping the dirt off her face. Then, she heard him said in a soft voice,

"A capable young queen who can cook. Do you know that you are the very first woman who cooked a meal for me personally?" then Dijun stared at her. Feng Jiu gasped and she knew Dijun heard her. They have close proximity that Feng Jiu felt that she lacks air to breathe then they heard a cluttering noise and realized someone caught them in that position and Feng Jiu abruptly moved away from Dijun totally embarrassed.