VI

The first meeting with familiarity ...

Dong Hua walked by to Qing Yun hall and he heard gasps upon the immortals he passed by and even from the emotionless and well-disciplined guards he heard gasps too. Since he is in a very good mood, he decided to just greet them with a smile in which they replied with a noticeable stiff body and forced smile. He really thinks this is weird. He thought that, when you give someone a smile, it will make them happy but what he did is the opposite which he thinks is weird. Didn't I do it correctly? He thought.

Aside from people gasping when he came in, he can feel all the eyes zeroed towards the fox in his arms

Aside from people gasping when he came in, he can feel all the eyes zeroed towards the fox in his arms. He realized that even in her fox form, the young one is still very eye-catching. Dong Hua didn't realize it but he's been caressing the fox's fur which earned a purr from her. Dong Hua looked down and he saw that the fox is looking at him too. To the onlookers, what the great Dong Hua Dijun did is a clear message that the fox he is holding is definitely his. The onlookers got already some very important points to remember about his majesty Dong Hua Dijun.

When Dong Hua sat on his podium, he let the fox sat on the right arm of his chair and he put his hand on the neck of the fox still caressing from the top of its head down to the fox's back and the fox, like its master, sat proudly and scanned the whole hall then Zhong Lin started the ceremony and it lasted for almost an hour and a half. Then came the interesting part of the ceremony, Dong Hua called a 5000-year-old immortal in the name of Ye Qingti.

The Ye Qingti immortal came forward

The Ye Qingti immortal came forward. This piqued Dong Hua's interest. The immortal after eyeing for longer, he felt somewhat... Annoyed and Dong Hua didn't know where the annoyance he's feeling came from. To Dong Hua's surprise again, the fox jumped down and went to Ye Qingti. Out of all the immortals presented today, this is the only immortal that the fox took interest to and even went down to just walk in circles around Ye Qingti. Then to Dong Hua's surprise, the fox jump towards the immortal and the immortal caught it in his arms luckily and it adds more to his annoyance in which it didn't escape Zhong Lin's observant and trained eyes.

Ye Qingti knew that the fox is her highness Bai Feng Jiu. He was surprised and he didn't know what happened why her highness suddenly became a pet fox of his majesty Dong Hua Dijun. Finally, Qingti already saw how this almighty emperor looks like and he is at awe and at the same time he felt that he knew him somewhere a long long time ago yet he can't remember. It's just a weird feeling seeing the person for the first time yet there is a felling of familiarity. Qingti felt her highness nudge his face with the use of her fox head which brought his attention back to her. Qingti smiled and patted her highnessfox head in which it earned more irritation from Dong Hua.