Chapter 22

(WARNING: Long chapter & drama ahead )

4 Days Ago...

Dong Hua is readying himself to go to work. While fixing his tie and coat, he was smiling widely facing the mirror. He remembered the Pillow talk he and Xiaobai had last night. He is excited also when they discussed having kids already. He went out of their walk-in closet and he overheard his wife talking with someone so he stopped. He felt embarrassed in eavesdropping yet he took the guts in doing it since he is familiar with the voice his wife was talking to.

"Are you happy sweet thing? Married I mean. "

Ohhhh its the other best friend of his wife. It's the Ye Qingti guy. Dong Hua is excited to hear what his wife will say so he just stood there and waited.

"I am happy. " Dong Hua felt his heart soar when he heard the reply from his wife but that was short-lived when he heard another thing that disturbed him so much and made him afraid.

"Feng Jiu... Have you ever think of liking me, as more than friends?"

A stretch of silence. Dong Hua is not liking this at all. He knew from the silence that there is really a big chance that his wife may like this guy. Then Dong Hua's mind raced back to the events that transpired before they got married and his heart sank. One way or another he somewhat forced Xiaobai into marrying him and he left her no choice but to agree and marry him. Now he realized one of the piling mistakes he has done towards his wife. He really didn't give his wife a chance and a free will to decide if she wants to marry him or not. The guilt that started when the Bai elders disowned Xiaobai is really eating him up. He is ashamed of what he has done. As a man, he already lost his pride and his ego is also bruised. To add more vinegar and lemon to his bruised ego and shredded pride Qingti said,

"I've talked to your grandfather and we have set a meeting tomorrow to discuss some business venture."

Dong Hua heard the excited laugh of his wife and that is the first time he heard this kind of genuine laugh coming from her ever since he married her. Dong Hua's shoulders slumped in defeat. Qingti is formidable. Qing is actually close to the Bai elders and he is fully accepted than he is plus he can make Xiaobai happy and laugh. As a man and as a husband the reality sank in him that this is actually his first relationship and he can't and doesn't know how to control these surfacing emotions.

Dong Hua never thought that a day will come that he will feel inferior and insecure towards another male but reality hit him hard. He cannot provide his wife with this kind of genuine happiness since he just forced her in marrying him and Xiaobai's elders don't like him. Compared to Qingti and him, Qingti has more advantage than him.

Dong Hua's emotional core is shaken. All the revelations and realizations have left him weak. Only with Xiaobai, he had become like this and he doesn't like how his wife can make him easily weak and open. Dong Hua decided to just leave the house and focus himself on work especially that another headache is brewing, Su Ji Heng.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

While at work, Dong Hua realized that Ji Heng can be serious and not bitchy at work. He also saw some changes in her like she had less interaction with him and she isn't a brat this time. He gave a silent sigh of relief. At the end of the day, he approached her and said,

"Good work today Ms Su. "

Dong Hua saw Ji Heng smiled back at him politely and replied,

"Thank you Mr. Dijun. Coming from you, that's a compliment I presume. "