II

A Reeling Feeling

It's been a week now since Feng Jiu was back from the mortal realm and she overcomes her trial and ascended. She can think clearly now minus the crying and acting like a crazy woman but the pain... the excruciating pain is still deep and she thinks... it's already etched in her whole being. She refused to see anyone for now and she brooded over the things that has happened to her trial back in the mortal realm. She's thankful that her family is being very patient with her and understanding what she's going through. She sighed. She's feeling hopeless.

One thing that Feng Jiu is sure, she will try her hardest not to fall in love again. Her first time is painful and it left a deep impact on her. She will start and guard her emotions against now on and she'll be more mindful of the men that approach her, except of course for the men that already existed in her life prior to her love trial and ascension. She tried to think and remember what the people in her mortal trial looks like but the more she think and remember, the more her memories became blurry and vague. It's as if her memories from her trial are becoming like a thick fog, slowly dissipating and disappearing as the day passes by. But what remained solid, are the feelings from that trial. It still renders her shock and frozen. It is a traumatizing experience and she doesn't want to experience and feel those feelings again. She only left Qingqiu for 25 days and when she came back, everything is not the same anymore. She's not the same anymore.

She also wanted to feel resentful to the people back in the mortal realm who made her life hard and miserable but she helplessly cannot do it since everything that has happened to her is part of the fates plan for her ascension. Everything and everyone in her life in the mortal realm is part of her ascension to be a goddess and those people are just instruments the fates had used.

Feng Jiu felt cheated and played but everything that has happened must be forgotten and buried, for good. Now, she learned a very hard lesson and she's back. This is her real-world and real-life but she felt uncertain of what the future may bring. She sighed. At least before she left the mortal realm, she severed ties with her mortal husband. Again, she closed her eyes and tried to remember what her mortal husband looks like but she only remembered a foggy looking figure. She gasped and her heart clenched hurtfully when she remembered him say Wǒ ài nǐ. She opened her eyes and got off her bed. She started pacing back and forth trying to forget again. How stupid can you get? You're trying to forget yet deep in your heart, you still love him. Remember that he's just an instrument and a mortal. Nothing good will come out if you'll hold on to something that is temporary. Feng Jiu thought and scolded herself.

But then it dawned on her again. There is a promise that she needs to uphold. She remembered her mortal best friend Ye Qingti. She remembered her other friend too, the god of underworld Xie Gucho. Feng Jiu smiled for the first time since she came back. She's going to fulfil a promise and Xie Gucho can help her.

🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

Zhe Yan, Bai Zhi, Bai Yi, Bai Zhen, the nine-tailed fox empress lady Fumi and Feng Jiu's mother congregated in the fox den. They held a family meeting to talk about and decide what to do with the youngest Bai. They are worried about her mental and emotional stability but the god of medicine reassured them all that their Xiaojiu is doing alright.

"Give her some credit will you? If we worry and hover on to her too much, how can she become the next queen of Qingqiu? " Zhe Yan said and drink his tea.

The rest of the Bai family silently nodded and agreed then Zhe Yan continued,

"And besides, it looks like she's just brooding over it. It seems she's going to forget the memories soon. Just give her a thousand and more years it'll feel like a dream to her. "