Chapter 19

Feng Jiu is all smiles

Feng Jiu is all smiles. Scanning the few people who are present at this special yet intimate occasion of her life. She's just regretful that her family couldn't be here with her and celebrate the meaningful occasion. Her heart thumped hurtfully. Dong Hua gazed at his wife and he sensed that she's starting to get sad. He knew that the marriage ceremony he prepared isn't complete for her whole family isn't here to witness and celebrate it with them. Dong Hua felt guilty again.

Dong Hua held Feng Jiu's hand and slowly rubbed her palm. Feng Jiu looked at her husband... Her husband who took effort and granted her a wedding she never expected. For her, the wedding is like a dream come true. But she wondered why Dong Hua chose purple and purple wisteria as the theme for their marriage. So she leaned on her husband and asked,

"Dong Hua, how come you chose purple wisteria out of all the flowers out there? Why not roses? Roses are popular at weddings."

Dong Hua smothered Xiaobai's hair, he smiled and said,

"I don't really know Xiaobai but ever since I was young, I always kept dreaming about walking in or sitting in a pavilion with purple wisteria beside it. And I researched about the plant. Did you know Xiaobai that historically, Wisteria symbolizes long-life and immortality? Wisteria can live up to 100 years or even older. The symbolism for the Wisteria is Love, Sensuality, Support, Sensitivity, Bliss and Tenderness. In Japan, they have high regards for this plant and also, it wards off evil spirits and somewhat a purification after warding off evil. " then Dong Hua wiggled his eyebrows which earned a giggle from Feng Jiu.

"Evil huh? Does that include women who wants to get your attention?" she whispered back.

Dong Hua laughed and caressed the bare arms of his wife while eyeing her and replied,

"I guess that also goes the same with you... Wife. Does wisteria also ward off men who wants to get your attention hmm?"

Feng Jiu smirked and she slowly raised her hand and feather lightly caressed her husband's jawline which brought a delicious shiver on Dong Hua's body.

"Touché husband. How can we settle this? " Feng Jiu gave her husband a knowing glance in which Dong Hua smiled and lowered his head and whispered to his wife,

"Tonight wife. We can settle this later tonight."

Dong Hua raised his head then he saw a blush that spread on his wife's alabaster white cheeks in which he smirked.

"Dong Hua stop teasing your wife. We are still here okay? " It was Lian Song who called them out.

"Oh yes. Feng Jiu you can do that on the confines back in your villa. "
Seconded by Feng Jiu's friend Cheng Yu. The rest laughed at them.

Feng Jiu saw Cheng Yu raised her wine glass and then said,

"To the newlyweds, I wish that you two could be loving and supportive of each other. You may not realize it but you two are a power couple." Cheng Yu turned her attention to Dong Hua and continued,