XIV

Feng Jiu groaned now in pain. She felt that her insides are burning. She wanted to do something. Something that could ease the heat inside her. But what is it? What could ease the pain inside? She is on her bed and in fetal position. She's irritated. Her whole body is sweaty. She wants to strip naked and she wants a drinking water to ease the dryness in her throat. Her back is facing her bedroom's doorway and her fox ears perked up when she heard the soft yet unhurried footsteps. She sighed again. She realized that her senses are heightened ever since she's in heat. Like, she's a hunter looking for a tasty prey. And then she felt the person sat at her bed.

"How are you feeling Xiaobai? "

Feng Jiu whipped her head and she saw Dong Hua Dijun eyeing her. The heat inside her is starting to turn up. Oh pleaseeeeeeee. Stop yourself on pouncing on Dijun! She silently thought. Feng Jiu gulped down and said in a whisper.

"I'll be impolite Dijun but you need to get out... You know I'm in heat right? While I can still think clearly, please get out. I'm... I'm not myself. Sooo... "

She stopped talking when she saw Dijun tried to touch her but she recoiled back. Feng Jiu is afraid that if Dijun touched her now, she may lose her sensibility. She breathed through her mouth now and she breathed in the sandalwood scent on Dijun. She closed her eyes and moaned. His scent is easing the heat in her yet her body... it wants Dijun. Oh no. His scent. It recognizes a male scent that she thinks that is at par with her power.

Dijun slowly withdrew his hand. He saw the queen battling with her fox self. He knew one way or another the queen will lose the battle of wills at this. Now that the Bai clan left the queen to his care, of course he told them that he needs to take away the young queen from Qingqiu. They are not sure at first but agreed later on because of Zhe Yan. The old phoenix is playing matchmaker again.  He thought. Zhe Yan also has a hand on this. Then Dijun's mind returned to the conversation after the Bai family agreed to have him as Xiaobai's mate.

"We also have another problem Bai Zhi. " Dijun said and it made Bai Zhi stopped smiling. Bai Zhi recognizes the face Dong Hua made and it made him shiver.

"Let's get to my study. It's better to talk about it inside a closed wall. I don't want my family to hear this. " Bai Zhi replied and started walking followed by Dijun and Zhe Yan. When they're at Bai Zhi's study, Bai Zhi created his own ward and faced his two friends.

"When did you learn of this Dong Hua?" Bai Zhi asked.

"The day the new immortals ascended and gave them rank. It seems she's gathering forces to fight you again." Dijun said.

"Is this the old flame of Bai Zhi Dong Hua? " Zhe Yan asked realizing WHO they meant and Zhe Yan saw Dong Hua looked in his way and nodded. Zhe Yan sighed.

"I thought she already gave up." Zhe Yan said.

"We all know she will not give up that easily. If the fox empress is persistent on chasing our Bai Zhi here, THAT woman is 5x more persistent ." Dijun replied.

The Dong Hua and Zhe Yan saw Bai Zhi sighed.

"The nine-tailed clan's good looks is really a curse huh Bai Zhi? " Zhe Yan said and Bai Zhi sighed again.

"You need to strengthen the wards in your lands and not only Qingqiu. I think she'll come in stealthily this time. You need to be prepared. This could break into a war Bai Zhi. " Dijun looked at Bai Zhi on the eye and warned his friend.

There are four people who knew of this issue and they are planning to tell the fourth one.

"Does Mo Yuan know Dong Hua?" Zhe Yan asked and he saw Dijun shook his head.