V

An Embarrassment that led to another...

"What did you just say?!" Siming replied loudly than expected so Zhong Lin covered his mouth, afraid that someone will hear them... Talking.
Siming continued talking while Zhong Lin's hand is covering his mouth and Zhong Lin said,

"Shhhh. Can you react quietly Siming?"

Siming stopped talking and then nodded his head in agreement. Zhong Lin eyed Siming as he slowly took off his hand on Siming's mouth but Siming started to talk in a loud voice again in which it earned a frown from Zhong Lin.

"I apologize if I overreacted. But his majesty, Dong Hua Dijun smiled? That's impossible." Siming snickered in disbelief. Of course, Dijun will not smile but Zhong Lin argued,

"I was there with his highness and where are you at that time? You're in the library working again right? "

Siming eyed Zhong Lin. They've been in Taichen Goong together for thousands of years and he knew that Zhong Lin will never exaggerate unlike the third heavenly prince Lian Song.

Speaking of the third heavenly prince, suddenly the door of the kitchen opened and it brought a fright to both Zhong Lin and Siming. The two held their chest in so much surprise. Lian Song looked at the faces of the two men and smiled apologetically.

While Lian Song was looking for Zhong Lin, he passed by the kitchen and heard the not so quiet exchange of gossip between Zhong Lin and Siming. Lian Song heard that Dong Hua had a lady guest and Dong Hua smiled when the lady guest left. That took Lian Song to decide and take the bandwagon of the gossiping pair. It seems that Dong Hua's iron tree is going to bloom soon. Lian Song quietly thought.

"Zhong Lin, what did this woman looks like? "

Zhong Lin bowed down first before replying,

"The woman is beautiful and young. It's actually the first time I see her here in heaven. Oh, she has a Phoenix flower birthmark on her forehead too."

Siming gasped loudly and his eyes widened. The two men present in the kitchen looked at Siming then it dawned to Lian Song that Siming knows the woman.

"Oh, you know who our mystery woman is Siming. Come on. Tell us who it is. Don't be selfish and withdraw that most important link in this conversation." Lian Song replied and was smiling excitedly while Zhong Lin was waiting for Siming to say something. Siming knew he'll be ganged up.

"I have an idea who it is but I'm not 100 percent sure I am talking about the same woman." Siming just gave an alibi but in his deep deep thoughts, he knew that it's the only woman in the whole realm with that certain kind birthmark. Siming wants to protect her highness Bai Feng Jiu from the rise of the gossip maker third heavenly prince Lian Song.

"I'll not say anything more. Unless it'll be proven that it's the woman I thought it is." Siming replied with finality and determination in which Lian Song sighed in disappointment. Zhong Lin just nodded in agreement. The three started to exit the kitchen but then Zhong Lin remembered something and said,

"Oh, I also forgot to say that the woman changed into a red fox when she exited Taichen Goong. "

Lian Song and Siming stopped in their tracks. Lian Song turned to look at Zhong Lin who was smiling widely while Siming didn't turn and just stood there and closed his eyes. You should've kept quiet Zhong Lin! Siming thought. Siming decided to escape the scene and didn't want to partake anymore on the conversation. He's afraid that he can't stop his mouth from revealing the identity of the woman whom his majesty had a brief interaction with.