VII

I'll be watching you...

Dong Hua Dijun stared at the beauty who revealed herself as the Queen of Qingqiu. Of course, he is definitely surprised that the queen herself is the fox he petted just hours ago. Still, he didn't get embarrassed by what he did. In his thoughts, why should he be embarrassed when he didn't know that she's the queen of Qingqiu? But his interest on her grows a little bit more now. He wanted to smile in front of her but stopped himself because he wanted to see more of her notable and hilarious reactions. She's very refreshing and doesn't cower in front of him and most importantly, she doesn't swoon when she's looking at him.

But his irritation is also into another notch when the real reason that she's actually here is because of the immortal Ye Qingti. Now he wondered what is her relationship to the immortal that she gave him immortality. I saved a goddess your majesty and this is how the goddess repaid my debt of life. Dong Hua remembered what the immortal said a while ago. He wanted to know more of what this debt is all about. Now... he felt left out and somewhat... kept in the dark. Dong Hua wanted to shook his head. He is not usually like this and what is happening today makes him want to reflect on his actions and interactions especially towards the queen of Qingqiu Bai Feng Jiu and the immortal Ye Qingti.

Dong Hua will let the Queen save her face today by letting her go first and let her do the washing of mortal dust of Ye Qingti. At the end of the day, he is still Dong Hua Dijun and he'll not be distracted over new emerging and strange emotions.

"Better late than never kind of introduction your highness. I'll let you go and do what you intended to do here. You'll meet the immortal Ye Qingti and then wash away his mortal dust since you gave him immortality. " he stared at her with his usual serious face and voice which unnerved Bai Feng Jiu.

Feng Jiu didn't realize that her tails disappeared. She didn't understand why she can feel that his demeanour has changed. She's surprised and confused about this change in him so, Feng Jiu replied,

"Really? You're going to let me go just like that? "

"Is there a reason why you should remain here? " Dong Hua replied back in which she felt wronged on how indifferent Dijun is. Feng Jiu sighed. She's thankful that Dijun isn't offended when she hid her identity.

Feng Jiu bowed down and said,

"Thank you for taking care of me your majesty. It's been an honour."  then Feng Jiu slowly retreated and turned around to exit Dijun's study but before leaving, she throws one last look at Dijun and she's disappointed when Dijun isn't looking at her. Feng Jiu then heard Siming said,

"I'll lead the way, your highness."

Feng Jiu looked at Siming and she smiled at him and nodded in which Siming is delighted but felt a little bit weird seeing her highness and his majesty together, knowing they have a heartbreaking history that shouldn't be told.

Dong Hua stared at the back of the queen of Qingqiu and he felt sad. It's as if she's going to walk away from him and he's not going to see her ever again. Again, another feeling evoked by this woman and it's starting to disturb him. Dong Hua decided to meditate and bring his emotions and wayward thoughts under control.