XI

Feng Jiu soaked in her bath and is contemplating in this afternoon's events. Never, ever in her wildest imagination that Dijun could do and say such things towards her. She heard a lot from the old phoenix about how indifferent and cold Dijun towards women and that Dijun, is acting like more of a monk than being a man. She wondered now if what the old phoenix claimed is even true when Dijun is doing ang saying the opposite of what she heard and experienced.

Maybe he's just bored and you're an entertaining specimen he only sees at the moment. That's what Feng Jiu concluded. Maybe after Dijun and her grandfather's meeting, they'll not see each other again. She's going to tolerate everything for now. She's thankful that Dijun is being tolerant of her impertinence towards him.

Even if you're annoyed, you still look beautiful.

It echoed in Feng Jiu's head over and over and over again. To dispel it off her head, she splashed her face with the water in the tub then she said,

"Stop thinking about what Dijun said Bai Feng Jiu. Just don't go there. Don't even try hoping. You know what happens when you put your hopes up in another being. You'll be going to be disappointed in the end. "

Feng Jiu said it to herself. Reminding herself constantly not to invest too much in relationships that have no guarantee that she'll not be hurt in the future. She decided to get off the bath and visit the bamboo hut in the forest near the fox den. She needs to put some distance between herself and Dijun and she needs to steel her emotions. Feng Jiu is really steadfast and determined not to go on the path of falling in love.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
It is late when Dijun emerged from his room. He realized that the Bai's fox den is like a maze. Big and you can easily be lost if you don't have a sense of direction. Dijun remembered the crowned prince Ye Hua and Lian Song's conversation before, that the former queen of Qingqiu has no sense of direction thus, getting lost so easily. Now he wondered if Xiaobai also has that funny attitude like her aunt. Dijun smiled and he reached the receiving area of the fox den. There he saw Migu who abruptly saw him and bowed. Dijun nodded back at the Qingqiu steward and he heard him say,

"Dijun, her highness already prepared for your dinner. Do you want to eat it now? "

Dijun is surprised hearing that the queen already prepared a dinner for him but he didn't let the surprise be seen on his stoic face.

"Will I be eating alone? " he asked.

"Yes, Dijun. Her highness is out at the moment. " Migu replied. Then Migu saw the disappointment flashed in Dijun's face but it disappeared after he nodded back at him.

"I'll lead you to the dining area Dijun."
Migu said.

Dijun on the other hand doesn't like eating alone. He wondered where the young queen is and what important matter is it that she needs to leave him and eat alone. He also wondered why she's skittish around him. He wondered if someone had hurt her that she's very wary of what he say or do towards her. But then, Ye Qingti is an exception. Dijun doesn't like the thought. Dijun realized that they're on the dining area and Migu leads him on the table. There he saw the food the queen prepared for him and it looks delicious. He sat down and took his spoon. He tasted it and realized, it taste good as it looks. He continued eating until he is finished and then Migu served him his tea.

"If there's nothing more, I'll go ahead Dijun. " Migu said

"Will the queen take long? "

Migu looked at his majesty. He's surprised at his majesty's enthusiasm towards her highness Feng Jiu. Migu smiled at his majesty and said,